Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

Just now, Dusty said:

We had similar thoughts about Fofana last summer tbf, but he turned out alright. Seemed like a ludicrous amount to spend on a teenager with 30 apps. Kabak is a decent enough player to be 4th choice, having soy will help him as well, and Brendan is a great coach, I’m sure he’ll be fine.

All three would be fine alongside Jonny , but if he is unfit things could turn scary very quickly. We have had this debate before many times. Keep praying Jonny is fit.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

All three would be fine alongside Jonny , but if he is unfit things could turn scary very quickly. We have had this debate before many times. Keep praying Jonny is fit.

But there’s not really any evidence of this? Almost every game he played at Liverpool he had an inexperienced cb partner, an out of form goalkeeper and no cdm in front of his as fabinho was injured. Alongside soy or Wes or both, with wilf in front he will be absolutely fine as a 4th choice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I laugh when people say we have to many CBs, last season when we need a win against Spurs we end up with Ndidi playing CB, the season before last when we need to beat Man U we end up with Justin and Morgan. 

With Morgan leaving we were alway going to be in the market for one, the same as we were always going to get a LB leaving. 

Didn’t we have Albrighton at left side CB in a 3 at one point, or did I imagine that? Maybe against Liverpool? Don’t think he started there, but someone got injured.

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

If we do get a 4th cb and a new winger, will be interesting to see who makes the 25 man squad.

would have the 3 keepers, defence: castagne, Ricardo, evans, soyuncu, fofana, kabak?, Justin, Bertrand, thomas

midfield certainties would be Ndidi, Tielemans, Soumare, Barnes, Maddison, new winger?

Forwards: Vardy, Iheananco, Daka

So only another 4 out of Amartey, Benkovic, Ghezzel, Albrighton, Perez, Sowah, Dewsbury-Hall, Mendy, Praet, Choudhury.

assuming definitely Amartey, Benkovic and Ghezzel sold, and people wanting Sowah and Dewsbury-Hall in the squad after successful loans, only 2 from Albrighton, Perez, Mendy, Praet, Choudhury will make the 25 man squad.  Personally would keep Praet and Perez

Don’t think Thomas would need to be registered as still counts as U21

• Like 2

I was ideally hoping for someone a bit more experienced but I just don't think you can pass up the opportunity to sign a highly rated, young potential talent with international and (some) PL experience for that kind of money. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Do we really need him? Unless we intend playing 3 at the back are we going to keep 4 competitive centre halves happy?

If we intend playing with 3 centre halves then it doesn't bode well imo. A right sided attacking player to be in front of Ricardo or Castagne would have been a more pressing concern perhaps?

You're right, we don't need another CB, we need 3 new CBs! 

Don’t get the people saying do we need another centre back, yes we do. We had 4 on the books last year and still ended up playing ndidi/Castagne there. 

personally reckon 4 seniors and one youth make 5 is what we need. Maybe ben nelson who is highly rated by many on here will be in and around the squad. 

40 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Why? Cags is an international, Fofana being monitored by the Europe’s elite and Kabak had a difficult loan spell at a club who were generally shit for most of last season.

Johnny Evans wasn’t void of criticism last season himself. We have the best two young defenders in the league in my opinion, and we’re about to add the third. 

18 minutes ago, Scotch said:

On the 25 man squad, do 21 year olds count as under 21? Sowah and Kabak wouldn't have to be registered if that was the case. 

Jan. 1, 2020 is the cutoff for Premier League. Europa League requires U21's be at the club for at least 2 years before a certain age, though (too lazy to look it up.)

6 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Swear it’s under 23? 

Each squad contains no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the "Home Grown Player" (HGP) criteria.

The rest of the squad, up to a total of 25 players, must be "Home Grown".

Each club squad list is below as well as an additional list of each club's registered Under-21 players who are eligible over and above the squad limit of 25 players. 

These are the rules from last year, not sure if they change for this season at all. But leaves us in a really good position to have a strong squad. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Nicolò Schira (@NicoSchira) Tweeted: #OGCNice and #Rennes are pushing to sign Ozan #Kabak from #Schalke. The turkish centre-back could play in Ligue1 in the next season. #transfers #S04 https://twitter.com/NicoSchira/status/1417240633366958091?s=20

Rennes can certainly flash the cash.

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Why? Cags is an international, Fofana being monitored by the Europe’s elite and Kabak had a difficult loan spell at a club who were generally shit for most of last season.

Johnny Evans wasn’t void of criticism last season himself. We have the best two young defenders in the league in my opinion, and we’re about to add the third. 

If we play Kabak and Fofana together it will be easily the youngest pairing in the premier league and maybe the youngest in our history. Would it work? Who can say but it would be a high risk selection.

1 hour ago, escape2victory said:

If we do get a 4th cb and a new winger, will be interesting to see who makes the 25 man squad.

would have the 3 keepers, defence: castagne, Ricardo, evans, soyuncu, fofana, kabak?, Justin, Bertrand, thomas

midfield certainties would be Ndidi, Tielemans, Soumare, Barnes, Maddison, new winger?

Forwards: Vardy, Iheananco, Daka

So only another 4 out of Amartey, Benkovic, Ghezzel, Albrighton, Perez, Sowah, Dewsbury-Hall, Mendy, Praet, Choudhury.

assuming definitely Amartey, Benkovic and Ghezzel sold, and people wanting Sowah and Dewsbury-Hall in the squad after successful loans, only 2 from Albrighton, Perez, Mendy, Praet, Choudhury will make the 25 man squad.  Personally would keep Praet and Perez

Thomas doesn't have to be named due to his age. I think Fofana (and possibly Sowah) can be left off the list, as well, although I believe he would have to be named on the squad for the EL, so he or someone else would else would have to make way. If this is right, then I think I'd treat Fofana as if he does have to be listed.

Currently, I'd go with:

GK: Kasper, Ward, Jaku - 3

CB: Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana, Amartey - 4

FB: Ricardo, Castagne, Bertrand, JJ - 4

CM: Youri, Ndidi, Soumare, KDH, Mendy, Praet - 6

AM: Maddison, Barnes, Sowah, Albrighton, Perez - 5

ST: Vardy, Daka, Nacho - 3

u21: Thomas

Leaving: Choudhury, Ghezzal, Benkovic. I think these 3 are likely to be leaving. If we do sign a CB, I'd expect Amartey to be sold, as well. If we get a RW, it's a bit more tricky. I guess Praet might want to leave for more minutes. I suppose Mendy or Perez could be left out.

47 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If we play Kabak and Fofana together it will be easily the youngest pairing in the premier league and maybe the youngest in our history. Would it work? Who can say but it would be a high risk selection.

Depends who your opponents are. If they have little to do, it would be low risk, with good game time together.