Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Where are French clubs getting their wedge from this summer given the TV collapse? 

Nice are loaded - 2nd richest guy in the UK Jim Ratcliffe is funding them

Rennes have a fair bit of money as well

Edited by moore_94

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yes, we need four decent center backs, regardless of whether we play 3 or 4 at the back. Last season demonstrated that, when we had to play Fuchs, Morgan, Amartey or Ndidi at the back! (Kabak is a better option than each of these imo).

It'll be easy to keep them happy. Kabak will be ecstatic to be a Leicester Player. The Premier League is a step up for him, as it is for Fofana and as it was for Soyuncu. They'll all be very happy.

We need four decent center backs, regardless of whether we play 3 or 4 at the back.

Where is is stated that we won't be getting a right sided forward? - they'll be something in the pipeline, I'm sure.

IF we weren't to play with a 3, with everyone fit, we srill have JJ or Armarty to play in an emergency. This season I really don't see the League or FA cups as a priority. The Premiership and Europa League have to be our priority if we don't want our better players to leave at the end of this season because I think they will without Champions League football and I for one wouldn't blame them at all. 

I don't know how 'ecstatic' Kabak will be merely parking his arse on the bench at Leicester because from what bit I've seen, he's certainly inferior to our other 3. Allegedly, one of the reasons Liverpool weren't interested was because of his wage demands which, if true, tends to suggest he has an inflated ego of his own abilities. Surely, with Van Dijk fit, he'd have been a decent cheap option for them also if he was that promising. His price has plummeted drastically for a reason. Where possible, you want a centre half pairing to gel and get  to know and rely on each other, changing only due to injury or fatigue. Whilst lucky with injuries in our winning season, how many centre halves did we need then exactly? If playing with 2 centre halves and with one competition more, we already have 3 first class centre halves and 2 back ups. Part of the problem last year was Rodgers trying to make Ndidi and Castagne unsuccessfully and needlessly into centre halves instead of exploring better formation options. Each time he did it, he not only weakened our defence but our midfield massively also. Whilst injuries undoubtedly played a part, for me personally, it's Rodger's that needs to carry the can for not getting us into the Champions League last season and not the players, some of whom looked very frustrated at times with Rodgers tactics.

4 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Rodgers wouldn't play Amartey at the end of last season, when we had no cover, preferring Castagne instead. I can't see any future at LCFC for him.

I think you're right but I think Rodgers was wrong. As a centre half, Castagne was about as much use as a chocolate teapot and his stats proved it. Meanwhile it comprised our whole defence as Albrighton was made to play as a wing back, a role he's also not comfortable in. Had Castagne been played at right back with Albrighton in front, you've now got quite a solid right hand side with a fullback who can overlap also. Ricardo when played on the wing or wing back was equally a fish out of water. You could literally see his frustration. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Rodgers wouldn't play Amartey at the end of last season, when we had no cover, preferring Castagne instead. I can't see any future at LCFC for him.

and chose to push Ndidi back into defence on the last game of the season, which really weakened our midfield. We need a 4th choice CB who Rodgers can trust to utilise when required. 

Rodgers , and a lot of fans, probably underestimate Amartey you know. A no frills , basic player he may be , but for the life of me I can't remember when he has let us down . He appears to be over his injury nightmares now and I expect him to play a part next season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think you're right but I think Rodgers was wrong. As a centre half, Castagne was about as much use as a chocolate teapot and his stats proved it. Meanwhile it comprised our whole defence as Albrighton was made to play as a wing back, a role he's also not comfortable in. Had Castagne been played at right back with Albrighton in front, you've now got quite a solid right hand side with a fullback who can overlap also. Ricardo when played on the wing or wing back was equally a fish out of water. You could literally see his frustration. 

....very much so, Rodgers, for how well the team has done has made some poor calls and will keep making them i bet!!!

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I imagine what's happening is this....

Agent is using leicester to push a deal along.

We're not interested.

Other clubs are getting pushed with 'other' interest.

No one is really biting.

In a week or so it'll be announced he'll sign somewhere else.

Theyll supposedly 'beat' us to the signing.

I'm really happy to be wrong on this by the way as I actually think he's a useful addition but just my view. If it was nearly done someone solid would be all over it.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Rodgers , and a lot of fans, probably underestimate Amartey you know. A no frills , basic player he may be , but for the life of me I can't remember when he has let us down . He appears to be over his injury nightmares now and I expect him to play a part next season. 

He hasn't made a mistake leading to a goal, but he hasn't been particularly stand out for us either - and he doesn't exactly look the most comfortable on the ball which is what our centre backs need to be.

Personally I think he only had 2 decent games for us last season - Man City 5-2 win, and Brighton 2-1 win, the latter arguably only because he scored a last minute header, other than that when you look at the stats from his games, he hasn't been good.

Just because he hasn't let us down as such doesn't mean we should be satisfied with his quality, he isn't good enough for a team challenging for European football every season.

Also the vast majorty of his appearances have been in a back 3, no way would I trust him in a back 2 when he poor ball control skills would be exposed even more.

Statistically he was one of our worst rated players last season.

image.png.6f26bf9c0666173572fd1f40fead8fc4.png

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Nice are loaded - 2nd richest guy in the UK Jim Ratcliffe is funding them

Rennes have a fair bit of money as well

Still must be a huge problem for them though, both clubs have had players nicked off them for quite modest fees so it's a surprise they are then still spending like normal. 

Just now, An Sionnach said:

As I remember being comfortable on the ball wasn't Morgan and Huth's strong suit . Dan is a big bloke and gets in the way very well just as they did.

We also play a completely different style of play to the football we implemented when those 2 were successful for us. Morgan use of the ball was actually quite underrated anyway, Huth not so much.

• Thanks 2

Fvcking hell, I got nervous when I saw this thread was hot.

But it’s full of people saying how Big Dan is World Class.

Amartey >>>>>>>>>> Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana, Kabak.

#NoAmarteyNoParty

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

As I remember being comfortable on the ball wasn't Morgan and Huth's strong suit . Dan is a big bloke and gets in the way very well just as they did.

Probably helped that we played a style of football that only needed them to throw themselves in the way of the ball rather than actually pass it around like our current system requires.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

A few things....

1) Amartey isn't no were near the class of either Huth or Morgan 

2) We play a different style, playing out from the back you need every player to be decent on the ball.

3) Manager doesn't really rate him, during the season he played Ndidi, Castange over him at CB, which tells you everything.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Fvcking hell, I got nervous when I saw this thread was hot.

But it’s full of people saying how Big Dan is World Class.

Amartey >>>>>>>>>> Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana, Kabak.

#NoAmarteyNoParty

Wound up all of Chelsea with his FA Cup antics and then rattling them all when he got involved off the bench in the league game, I will always love him for that lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Wound up all of Chelsea with his FA Cup antics and then rattling them all when he got involved off the bench in the league game, I will always love him for that lol

Maybe providing them with even more motivation to beat us on the tuesday wasn't so great ????

look how they fell apart at villa .....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He very rarely let's us down it's just that every time he is in possession he has the look of a man who is about to.:unsure:

I'm assuming Kabak is decent enough, I only really remember the Alison disaster down at the KP but that one was on Alison. 

Liverpool needed cover for Van Dijk and I guess he did the job.

For £8M we can't really go wrong, I think..........

• Like 1