Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Maybe providing them with even more motivation to beat us on the tuesday wasn't so great ????

look how they fell apart at villa .....

Yeah it probably did motivate them, I think they would have been motivated to beat us anyway since we beat them in the Final

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Unbelievable business if we get Kabak for £8m. This lad was being touted for £30-40m only a year or so ago. Its a great bit of business but if it means 3-4-1-2 we will run in to trouble with the squad we currently have. We'll still get a new right winger.

I wouldn't say it definitely does mean 3/5 at the back. Most top sides have four centre halves.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Amartey go later in the window.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Wound up all of Chelsea with his FA Cup antics and then rattling them all when he got involved off the bench in the league game, I will always love him for that lol

Always had a soft spot for him since the equaliser at Stoke a few years back but that cemented it.

We do need an upgrade on him at 4th choice we’re looking to keep progressing though!

37 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Rodgers , and a lot of fans, probably underestimate Amartey you know. A no frills , basic player he may be , but for the life of me I can't remember when he has let us down . He appears to be over his injury nightmares now and I expect him to play a part next season. 

Many many times he's given away possession regularly, been out of position, killed the tempo of our attack, put players under pressure with poor passing. He shouldn't be anywhere near our squad now. Might be able to make it for a lower half prem team but he's not the kind of player we want to be turning to.

• Sad 1

I felt like Armartey had lost a lot of pace. 

could be down to a lack of match fitness but if he could run like he used to he probably would be useful. Unfortunately he looked like he was running in treacle and just generally uncomfortable 

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Rodgers wouldn't play Amartey at the end of last season, when we had no cover, preferring Castagne instead. I can't see any future at LCFC for him.

Amartey is done here, when the manager is playing FB's and CDM's in your position then that speaks volumes.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Amartey is done here, when the manager is playing FB's and CDM's in your position then that speaks volumes.

I wouldn't even say CB is his position but either way we need a 4th choice CB who Rodgers will trust to come in when required - he seemed to lose all trust him him after West Ham game

Providing Kabak tempers his wage demands, if we got him for £8M as is being suggested i think that would be a great bit of business. He partners Cags at international level so there would be some level of understanding there and under Rodgers and Kolo's tutorage he could well develop into a sound investment.

Unfortunately for big Dan i think that would signal the end of the road for his career as a Leicester player. I have a lot of time for Amartey, not the most skillful of players, but can fill a number of positions, and whilst sometimes looking a bit of a bomb scare at times has never really let us down. At one point i thought he may never recover fully after his injury nightmare and has done well to come back. He would make a sound addition to someone like Palace or a newly promoted club for the likely asking price we would want of around £5M. If he goes i would certainly wish him well.

Edited by urban fox

53 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He hasn't made a mistake leading to a goal, but he hasn't been particularly stand out for us either - and he doesn't exactly look the most comfortable on the ball which is what our centre backs need to be.

Personally I think he only had 2 decent games for us last season - Man City 5-2 win, and Brighton 2-1 win, the latter arguably only because he scored a last minute header, other than that when you look at the stats from his games, he hasn't been good.

Just because he hasn't let us down as such doesn't mean we should be satisfied with his quality, he isn't good enough for a team challenging for European football every season.

Also the vast majorty of his appearances have been in a back 3, no way would I trust him in a back 2 when he poor ball control skills would be exposed even more.

Statistically he was one of our worst rated players last season.

image.png.6f26bf9c0666173572fd1f40fead8fc4.png

I think you have to take into account that he too was coming back from serious injury. We make allowances for certain other of our players, why not him? I suggest that a lot of people had their minds made up against him before he'd even kicked a ball. To expect him to come onto the field of play and perform as a regular international standard Premiership centre half was always going to be entirely unreasonable, he'd understandably need games to get up to speed and regain confidence. He was still far less of a liability than Castagne who was utterly wasted at centre half. Neither do I think his ball skills at centre half are that bad either, any mistakes were always quickly highlighted whereas a fans superstar like Tielemans can frequently give the ball away to the opposition without mention, seemingly it's instantly forgiven when he makes one incredible pass once a game.

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nope, strong rumours that he is in Rudigers basement.

He was on the Video today along with the new guys, Not seen Maddison yet though? I would have thought he would be back by now, unless he is leaving?

Edited by Richardson

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think you have to take into account that he too was coming back from serious injury. We make allowances for certain other of our players, why not him? I suggest that a lot of people had their minds made up against him before he'd even kicked a ball. To expect him to come onto the field of play and perform as a regular international standard Premiership centre half was always going to be entirely unreasonable, he'd understandably need games to get up to speed and regain confidence. He was still far less of a liability than Castagne who was utterly wasted at centre half. Neither do I think his ball skills at centre half are that bad either, any mistakes were always quickly highlighted whereas a fans superstar like Tielemans can frequently give the ball away to the opposition without mention, seemingly it's instantly forgiven when he makes one incredible pass once a game.

Do you not think this exact sentence shows what Amarteys current position in the squad is and where he features in Rodgers plans? If he can't even get chosen to play ahead of players out of position that even you think are worse than Amartey in that role.

Most people probably feel they can make allowances for other players coming back from long injuries like Ricardo, Justin, Barnes or make allowances for players like Tielemans to make mistakes because they have actually massively contributed to the success of this club, Amartey has done barely anything in his Leicester career to get him in the good graces of the fans.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

Just now, Richardson said:

He was on the Video today along with the new guys, Not seen Maddison yet though? I would have thought he would be back by now, unless he is leaving?

He’s in Chilwells basement

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Do you not think this exact sentence shows what Amarteys current position in the squad is and where he features in Rodgers plans? If he can't even get chosen to play ahead of players out of position that even you think are worse than Amartey in that role.

I thought it cost us the Spurs game not bringing him on and playing Wilf there.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Richardson said:

I thought it cost us the Spurs game not bringing him on and playing Wilf there.

Could probably say the same using Castagne as a right centre back instead of Amartey against Newcastle - but yet there will be a reason why Rodgers chose them ahead of him

Edited by moore_94

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Just because others were played out of position by the manager doesn't mean it was a correct decision, I would suggest that our results and non qualification would tend to point to the fact that Rodgers made some bizarre tactical cock ups. I do entirely agree with you that it did demonstrate Rodgers lack of confidence in Armarty and ultimately it and other decisions bit him in the arse.

Fantastic price if true. He may not have the experience that some are after, but this is still a top, young defender who has experienced the Premier League and is a Turkish International. Not bad at all, for a 4th choice CB. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Just because others were played out of position by the manager doesn't mean it was a correct decision, I would suggest that our results and non qualification would tend to point to the fact that Rodgers made some bizarre tactical cock ups. I do entirely agree with you that it did demonstrate Rodgers lack of confidence in Armarty and ultimately it and other decisions bit him in the arse.

You can debate what was the right thing to do in the Tottenham game until you're blue in the face but the only person who opinions matters are BR and he'd rather play Castagne & Ndidi in that position which speaks volumes. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3

I’m hoping this is true as he’s good enough to fill in and if on form play an important role, it’s a very good price which hopefully leaves us more of our budget and for £8m even if we have him 2 seasons and he’s a donkey we will get that back for him

3 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I’m hoping this is true as he’s good enough to fill in and if on form play an important role, it’s a very good price which hopefully leaves us more of our budget and for £8m even if we have him 2 seasons and he’s a donkey we will get that back for him

If we give him a five year contract at 70 grand a week and he is a donkey , that's about 17 million and being a donkey no one will want him.

11 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You can debate what was the right thing to do in the Tottenham game until you're blue in the face but the only person who opinions matters are BR and he'd rather play Castagne & Ndidi in that position which speaks volumes. 

For all we know, BR was going to put big Dan on but he wasn't feeling right, tummy bug or some such. Managers don't always explain their decisions and we don't know the ins and outs of these things. That said, it did look like BR must have thought that he was not the right option, although he was happy enough to put him in when needed at other times.