Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If we give him a five year contract at 70 grand a week and he is a donkey , that's about 17 million and being a donkey no one will want him.

How do you know no one will want him?

Musa was a relative donkey and we got ALL of our transfer fee back for him, Ghezzal was a poor signing for US and even though he smashed it in Turkey we are now only able to get a small fee for him

You can't predict how this is going to go and you definitely can't predict what the future financial implications end up being for him.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If we give him a five year contract at 70 grand a week and he is a donkey , that's about 17 million and being a donkey no one will want him.

On the flip side, he could fulfil his early potential and be worth £40million in 2 years time. Who knows! Our scouting has been pretty spot on with players recently, so I am happy if they are 

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Well you do have to pay players to play, I’m talking about the transfer fee itself 

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If this was close why wouldn't Fabrizio Romano be all over it.....

Romano has a pretty wide network for getting his information, but even he isn't going to be privy to every single transfer that goes on across the continent. If he'd heard something concrete enough to report on then you can bet he'd be tweeting about it, but if he doesn't have the right combination of involved parties (be that agents, clubs, players, etc) within his network then he's not going to stake his reputation on it.

There might be nothing at all to the rumour, or equally he might just not know/be aware.

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

IF we weren't to play with a 3, with everyone fit, we srill have JJ or Armarty to play in an emergency. This season I really don't see the League or FA cups as a priority. The Premiership and Europa League have to be our priority if we don't want our better players to leave at the end of this season because I think they will without Champions League football and I for one wouldn't blame them at all. 

I don't know how 'ecstatic' Kabak will be merely parking his arse on the bench at Leicester because from what bit I've seen, he's certainly inferior to our other 3. Allegedly, one of the reasons Liverpool weren't interested was because of his wage demands which, if true, tends to suggest he has an inflated ego of his own abilities. Surely, with Van Dijk fit, he'd have been a decent cheap option for them also if he was that promising. His price has plummeted drastically for a reason. Where possible, you want a centre half pairing to gel and get  to know and rely on each other, changing only due to injury or fatigue. Whilst lucky with injuries in our winning season, how many centre halves did we need then exactly? If playing with 2 centre halves and with one competition more, we already have 3 first class centre halves and 2 back ups. Part of the problem last year was Rodgers trying to make Ndidi and Castagne unsuccessfully and needlessly into centre halves instead of exploring better formation options. Each time he did it, he not only weakened our defence but our midfield massively also. Whilst injuries undoubtedly played a part, for me personally, it's Rodger's that needs to carry the can for not getting us into the Champions League last season and not the players, some of whom looked very frustrated at times with Rodgers tactics.

Do you understand the use of paragraphs? 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

You go for the worst scenario every time.

perhaps it’ll be 3 years at 30k a week.

we have a number of players on less than 50k.

26 minutes ago, urban fox said:

For all we know, BR was going to put big Dan on but he wasn't feeling right, tummy bug or some such. Managers don't always explain their decisions and we don't know the ins and outs of these things. That said, it did look like BR must have thought that he was not the right option, although he was happy enough to put him in when needed at other times.

How Bayesian methods embody Occam's razor | by Felix Laumann | NeuralSpace  | Medium

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
13 minutes ago, Xen said:

Romano has a pretty wide network for getting his information, but even he isn't going to be privy to every single transfer that goes on across the continent. If he'd heard something concrete enough to report on then you can bet he'd be tweeting about it, but if he doesn't have the right combination of involved parties (be that agents, clubs, players, etc) within his network then he's not going to stake his reputation on it.

There might be nothing at all to the rumour, or equally he might just not know/be aware.

Or its bollocks. He referenced it a week ago and hasn't followed up....

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Or its bollocks. He referenced it a week ago and hasn't followed up....

That's literally the point I was making. There might well be nothing at all in it, but Romano keeping quiet is not evidence enough to say it isn't happening, as you seem to be implying.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
24 minutes ago, Xen said:

That's literally the point I was making. There might well be nothing at all in it, but Romano keeping quiet is not evidence enough to say it isn't happening, as you seem to be implying.

Not just him though is the point. Where this is coming from isn't reliable at all.

19 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not just him though is the point. Where this is coming from isn't reliable at all.

Romano did #LCFC in relation to Kabak a week ago and there are a number of websites now reporting a deal is close. Although they could all be feeding off an unreliable source. He certainly doesn't seemed to be linked to anyone else though and will move in this window. We are after a CB, so I'd say there's a good chance this has some truth 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Romano did #LCFC in relation to Kabak a week ago and there are a number of websites now reporting a deal is close. Although they could all be feeding off an unreliable source. He certainly doesn't seemed to be linked to anyone else though and will move in this window. We are after a CB, so I'd say there's a good chance this has some truth 

He has been linked with other clubs. Check nico schira- who's reporting something else.

Im not even sure we're after a cb......yet.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He has been linked with other clubs. Check nico schira- who's reporting something else.

ah just found it. he also says Leicester have shown interest for the turkish centre-back. #transfers

I imagine we will know over next day or so as the genuine ITKs will be all over this if any truth to the £8million bid being accepted 

27 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

ah just found it. he also says Leicester have shown interest for the turkish centre-back. #transfers

I imagine we will know over next day or so as the genuine ITKs will be all over this if any truth to the £8million bid being accepted 

It’s this below that makes me doubt it, even though I think Kabak would be a typical Leicester signing and it seems entirely believable that we are in for him. Seems a good fit. 

11 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

It’s this below that makes me doubt it, even though I think Kabak would be a typical Leicester signing and it seems entirely believable that we are in for him. Seems a good fit. 

Not claiming that the Kabak rumours are true but isn't Jason Bourne essentially just a less annoying Ian Stringer? I'm not sure who would tell him that those links are nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Not claiming that the Kabak rumours are true but isn't Jason Bourne essentially just a less annoying Ian Stringer? I'm not sure who would tell him that those links are nonsense.

Oh yeah, he is, but he should still have some connections at the club nonetheless and whoever that is has told him it is nonsense. Why would he make that up. 

Obviously his contact could be wrong/not ITK on that transfer. 

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Does that mean we will only go after a CB when we’ve got a RW?

Strange way of working if that’s the case

Guest Chocolate Teapot
16 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Does that mean we will only go after a CB when we’ve got a RW?

Strange way of working if that’s the case

It depends on how much case we've got available doesn't it - if there's 10m left we might prioritise the greater need - eg, right wing. We may also be looking at loans to buy rather than outright buying. I can't see our net spend being much greater than 40m and I don't think the club would spend on the basis they think they'll get some back at this stage.

If we get him for £8m that’s a steal. He’s a young international CB who has some (albeit limited) PL experience.

We need another CB regardless of what system we’re planning on using and won’t get better value anywhere else.

I can see us getting him this year and Tarkowski on a free next summer 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Bourne has one of the best sources in the business.

• Haha 1