Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle (a) - Match Thread - 03/01/2021

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Well Timmy was brought in to play on the left (you'd assume with a fully fit Ricky) so he better start getting near Timmy on the right

Don’t disagree - but Ricky isn’t here right now and I’d like to win this game :)

maybe it’s just our plan? Everything seems to be going towards the right and it just seems we’re wasting what right Timmy gave us in the start of the season. 

Considering how deep Newcastle are we appear to be sitting too deep ourselves. Youri needs to be much higher up the pitch as he's almost man marking N'didi at the moment. 

Brendan really needs to pen Newcastle in now. Apart from Yedlin and Wilson who look a slight threat on the counter Newcastle aren't offering much. We need our technicians in and around the Newcastle penalty area to play through the lines. I'd actually be tempted to pull Evans for Amartey to give us a bit more pace at CB to counter their break then push the midfield higher up the pitch. Under for Albrighton is also the obvious change but will be surprised if it happens at HT. 

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Would love to play a genuine 4 1 4 1. You can see it's a 4 2 3 1 atm. 

Under on for Albrighton and push Tielemans up alongside Maddison

Completely agree. Too Conservative again. 

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Well, now you say that, not that variety of narcotic specifically. It was when he was at Hearts and when he moved out the flat it looked like a scene from Jay and Silent Bob strike back by all accounts!

haha after i posted that i thought to myself "i swear he loved weed"

glad to see it confirmed 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Differernce between us and the big boys, is they impose themselves and believe they are better then the rest.

I'm not sure we believe enough to really challange the top 4.

I think their respective midfields help...