Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

37 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm surprised they didn't take a first innings lead considering the opening partnership they had. 

Gives me hope the bowlers can come good for us in the 2nd innings as there may not be a substantial lead to defend. 

It's more that they seem to keep rising to the challenge, whether they win this test or not.

Really, India had the IPL at home, slipped over for the World cup, then returned to the comfort of home for this series. NZ had such a disappointing end to their World cup, but here they are, a couple of weeks later, giving India a run for their money in pretty alien conditions. 

I think India are probably favourites and NZ may run out of steam in the 4th innings, but their application just never ceases to amaze me tbh.

• Like 1

What a brilliant end to the India vs NZ test match today. Travesty that it's only a two game series between the world's two best teams. 

Brilliant grit by NZ to see it out in the face of some brilliant spin bowling by Ashwin, Jadeja and Axar. Nothing more absorbing than a team seeing out for a draw on the final day. 

• Like 1

Australian team is out for the first test; Warner, Harris, Labuschagne, Smith, Head, Green, Carey, Cummins, Starc, Lyon, Hazlewood.

Only real surprise for me is no Khawaja, think he's a better player than either Harris or Head. I'd probably have picked him to open over Harris. Though think he has had some previous fallings out with both Langer and other members of the team, so that might have something to do with it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Australian team is out for the first test; Warner, Harris, Labuschagne, Smith, Head, Green, Carey, Cummins, Starc, Lyon, Hazlewood.

Only real surprise for me is no Khawaja, think he's a better player than either Harris or Head. I'd probably have picked him to open over Harris. Though think he has had some previous fallings out with both Langer and other members of the team, so that might have something to do with it. 

I still think that’s a strong Aussie team and I’m interested to see how we’re going to match up. 
Expecting our usual defeat at the Gabba though and being on the back foot from the off :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On their pitches, Cummins and Hazlewood have the edge over our bowlers. Starc too, if he's bowling well, which he isn't at the moment, thankfully.

Add to that a rejuvenated Warner, with Labuschange and Smith in the middle order and they have more Ingredients for victory than England.

Whichever way you cut this up, it's difficult to see England edging it. 

Both teams have some bit part test players though, so nothing is guaranteed.

One hope for me is that Starc remains wayward and Hazlewood doesn't start well and loses confidence, which he can be prone to doing. If JH has his radar in, we could be in trouble quickly. Brilliant bowler when he's on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I still think that’s a strong Aussie team and I’m interested to see how we’re going to match up. 
Expecting our usual defeat at the Gabba though and being on the back foot from the off :rolleyes:

Strong indeed, still massive favourites even with Stokes back.

Would take a draw at the Gabba all day long, take the sting out of the series. Weather forecast might help us in that regard :fc:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Osavo said:

Strong indeed, still massive favourites even with Stokes back.

Would take a draw at the Gabba all day long, take the sting out of the series. Weather forecast might help us in that regard :fc:

Absolutely. I knew we had a bad record there but not this bad! :unsure:

What are the past five Ashes results at the Gabba?

Season Winner Result
2017-18 Australia Won by 10 wickets
2013-14 Australia Won by 381 runs
2010-11 Draw Draw
2006-7 Australia Won by 277 runs
2002-3 Australia Won by 384 runs

21 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Absolutely. I knew we had a bad record there but not this bad! :unsure:

What are the past five Ashes results at the Gabba?

Season Winner Result
2017-18 Australia Won by 10 wickets
2013-14 Australia Won by 381 runs
2010-11 Draw Draw
2006-7 Australia Won by 277 runs
2002-3 Australia Won by 384 runs

1 out of 5 isn't bad :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...