Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

32 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

One in the eye for those who say County Cricket doesn’t produce Test batsmen - Marnus Labuschagne world number one.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2425381

Made me chuckle/rage in 2019 when Trevor Bayliss was slating the County Championship not being fit for purpose when Labuschagne had basically just jumped out of Div 2 to school England on how to bat in an Ashes series.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

India cruising to victory over South Africa at the moment.

Good year of test cricket for India.

Win in Australia and against us (ok probably not that hard!) 

Then starting with a potential  success in South Africa.

I presume it's being played behind closed doors with no crowd as there is no-one there!?

Edited by Super_horns

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Good year of test cricket for India.

Win in Australia and against us (ok probably not that hard!) 

Then starting with a success in South Africa.

I presume it's being played behind closed doors with no crowd as there is no-one there!?

Yeah, it's behind closed doors. Always sad to see, think there's a bit of a hoo ha about whether that'll be the case for Gayle's last game for the West Indies too. Be a shame if he couldn't have a crowd there for that.

• Like 1

There was a part of me while Elgar and Bavuma were still in this morning that they were ticking along quite nicely and our bowling was quite loose. 

Elgar then De Kock out quite fortunately helped us on our way. I don't think we've ever won a series in SA though which surprised me. 

43 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Ross Taylor retiring at the of the New Zealand summer, always thought he was a very underrated player on the international scene.

Immense player on his day.

Mate of mine's claim to fame is being hit for six sixes by him on tour while Taylor was an overseas at a club in Norfolk.

Poor lad was only about 15 at the time. lol

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Immense player on his day.

Mate of mine's claim to fame is being hit for six sixes by him on tour while Taylor was an overseas at a club in Norfolk.

Poor lad was only about 15 at the time. lol

Averages over 45 in Test and One Day International's which is a pretty sensational record really. 

I can imagine at the time it was awful 😂 but quite a good thing to look back on really

Bangladesh showing how to bat patiently against the World Test champions in Mount Manganui. Both openers scored at less than 40 runs per 100 balls but they put on 43 for the first wicket and 104 for the second. Pretty impressive, away from home against an attack with Southee, Boult, Jamieson and Wagner. 175/2 is a great start in reply to the Kiwis first innings. Bangladesh are beginning to challenge teams in all formats now.

52 minutes ago, Corky said:

Pietersen with his latest "Let's have a mercenary franchise tournament with no soul or history" plea.

Seriously, if 20 overs is too much for some people, they won't be flocking to watch four days.

The blokes an idiot. 3 leagues of six sides played in the summer months on good pitches would be a good start. Even seen a Worcester fan commenting  on there saying they should remove the first class status of sides like Leics Derby and Durham. Unbelievable