Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

Despite the score, if you had a choice of where you'd like to go to watch England play cricket. Barbados would be pretty high on your list. One day I will make it out to the west Indies.

Also, sad to see so few locals there. Priced out I'd imagine. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Despite the score, if you had a choice of where you'd like to go to watch England play cricket. Barbados would be pretty high on your list. One day I will make it out to the west Indies.

I’m off to Barbados (all being well) for the 2nd test. Have been before, the locals are so friendly. Thoroughly recommend it. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I’ve been a couple of times, it’s a glorious place to watch cricket. 

Is it priced out, or are there restrictions on crowds? 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Time to get rid of Morgan

Had a crap 2021 in T20 and started poorly here, but his ODI form hasn't dropped really over that period. Additionally he's a very underrated captain (better at his job than Root is with the test side)

I also think when you see how we've evolved in white ball cricket over the years he's kind of been the face of that. We're also currently ranked second in ODI cricket and first in T20 so there's that as well

Edited by Tommy Fresh

2 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Wow, what an effort by Hosein and Shepherd. 

But 2 very poor last overs...

I Love Jordan, But his International career Days must be soon over...hes had  3 poor past series...

Mahmood needs a run in the side,Too Early to judge..

9 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Had a crap 2021 in T20 and started poorly here, but his ODI form hasn't dropped really over that period. Additionally he's a very underrated captain (better at his job than Root is with the test side)

I also think when you see how we've evolved in white ball cricket over the years he's kind of been the face of that. We're also currently ranked second in ODI cricket and first in T20 so there's that as well

He’s not scored well for a long time now and just seems to slow us down. Not doubting his captain credentials at all. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

He’s not scored well for a long time now and just seems to slow us down. Not doubting his captain credentials at all. 

Last year in T20 and this series so far has been the only really downturn in his form, he hasn't averaged below 35 in ODI cricket since 2016 and in T20 prior to last year he averaged over 30 in 2020 and 2019. I don't think his form has dropped enough in T20 to justify dropping him whilst meaning we also lose his leadership and quality he can still potentially bring with the bat.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1