Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

3 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Rod Marsh died last night too. Only in his 70s. Two genuine legends of the game gone in no time. Jeez.

Warne posted this about Marsh earlier today and now he’s gone too. Can’t believe it

Awful news for both.

Re: Warney, he was just unreal and is, in my view, the best bowler I've ever seen.  Not only that, his analysis when he was pundit was second to none.  Could tell he adored the game and was such a character.  I've put the link to one of my favourite videos of him when he was micced up during a game and just absolutely set up a wicket.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

This has absolutely floored me, I'm devastated.

Just a huge icon and one of very few Australian sportsmen that I just absolutely loved and respected.

Loved his golf as well, I met him at Sunningdale 3 years ago. He was sat with Ricky Ponting, Andrew Strauss and Shevchenko and the only one of them who was genuinely down to earth in the way they spoke between themselves and the only one not boasting about pointless shit was Shane Warne. He came over and had a quick chat as well when he spotted me give him the nod.

What a man, what a swigger and shagger an'all.

I’d really come to love him after he played too. A really fantastic pundit, offered so much insight and humour to the game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Just a huge icon and one of very few Australian sportsmen that I just absolutely loved and respected.

Loved his golf as well, I met him at Sunningdale 3 years ago. He was sat with Ricky Ponting, Andrew Strauss and Shevchenko and the only one of them who was genuinely down to earth in the way they spoke between themselves and the only one not boasting about pointless shit was Shane Warne. He came over and had a quick chat as well when he spotted me give him the nod.

Great story. Would have loved to have met him. Even with the whole England Aussie thing, he was an an absolute hero of mine growing up. 

• Like 1

Wow. That’s hit me harder than I thought it would. Obviously not something I’ve thought about but you get the gist. Properly shit that. What an absolute legend. RIP Warney. 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Totally agree with the text in bold above. Not often a celebrity death really hits me hard but I just feel numb about this. A complete one off legend and character. RIP Shane. 

• Like 2