Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Gutting. 

He loved England for an Aussie, one of the greatest - RIP.

His Sky comms for England games were excellent, even away from the Ashes. I think you’re right he loved England and how he was received over here. 

A lot of people in Australia currently have no idea what news they're going to wake up to :( 

Really enjoyed listening to him talk cricket, yes he could be overly Australian with his banter and it could become quite tiresome lol But if you like cricket, you listen when he's talking. 

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This has absolutely floored me, I'm devastated.

Just a huge icon and one of very few Australian sportsmen that I just absolutely loved and respected.

Loved his golf as well, I met him at Sunningdale 3 years ago. He was sat with Ricky Ponting, Andrew Strauss and Shevchenko and the only one of them who was genuinely down to earth in the way they spoke between themselves and the only one not boasting about pointless shit was Shane Warne. He came over and had a quick chat as well when he spotted me give him the nod.

What a man, what a swigger and shagger an'all.

One of the biggest disappointments of his autobiography was how few swigging and shagging stories were included in it. Suspect it had to be edited down so they could include at least some stuff about cricket in it though...

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If ever there was a reminder of how delicate life is, this is it. ****ing hell, just like that. 

Watched the Warne documentary last week and now all I can see in my mind is the image of his kids :( 

Oh god, I only watched it a few weeks ago too. What struck me there was the admiration his children had of him, even in the aftermath if the mistakes he made that led to their mum leaving him.

Heartbreaking. They all seem such a decent and nice set of people, which as basic as it sounds does mean something. Really hit me this has

15 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Slightly amazing that he never got a Test ton. He was no mug with the bat.

Which test was it where he got about 90 and we got McGrath out and won by about 2 runs? Sure it was the 2005 series, unbelievable test that was. Loved the man, even though he was the enemy.