Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

I wonder if Broad and Anderson are sitting at home thinking they could have done something here to help us get some wickets?

I can just about understand leaving Jimmy out, but Broad should definitely be out there. 

Nobody is screaming out to replace either tbf. I see a difficult few years ahead unfortunately. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Jason Holder is outstanding, he doesn't get anywhere near enough recognition

I think he’s better worth to a team than Stokes. Yes Stokes can do the near impossible but Holder seems to be superb on a consistent basis. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

This is grim, don't mind Woakes but him and Overton have looked dreadful.

Woakes’s average of over 50 outside of England is horrendous and asking him to take the new ball seems a bit strange. Surprised he got the chance again overseas after the Ashes, but he probably did because Mahmood was so poor in the T20s.

Feel for Stokes once again putting the overs in.

Obviously not helped by Wood being injured, again, but it's such an ordinary county cricket attack. 

It's definitely a make sure it goes 5 days so we can maximize profits kind of pitch. But no doubt we'll make it seem like it's a horrible wicket when we bat again later. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Woakes’s average of over 50 outside of England is horrendous and asking him to take the new ball seems a bit strange. Surprised he got the chance again overseas after the Ashes, but he probably did because Mahmood was so poor in the T20s.

Feel for Stokes once again putting the overs in.

Same with the batting line up I guess, there's probably a few lads knocking about on the County circuit who could have been given a chance here. Cook at Essex had an outstanding season, although Overton had a pretty good year as well to be honest.

Keith Barker is the bowling equivalent of James Hildreth in terms of the ECBs poor selection policy over the years of over looking obvious talent and not rewarding performance.

Also side note, can anyone remember if Ben Raine has ever been in contention for England? 

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Obviously not helped by Wood being injured, again, but it's such an ordinary county cricket attack. 

It's definitely a make sure it goes 5 days so we can maximize profits kind of pitch. But no doubt we'll make it seem like it's a horrible wicket when we bat again later. 

The next few years will show how much we've relied on Anderson and Broad. Robinson looks decent, Wood explosive but injury prone, a lot of faith was placed on Archer which I doubt will now be rewarded due to injury.

He will be inconsistent but I do quite like Crawley. Probably not suited to opening long term, like most of Englands batter they seem better at 5 and 6. I like he doesn't just wait to get out, he might knick off but if he has a decent day he we will be off to a decent start. 

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Always quieter in here when the wickets aren't tumbling lol 

Flat pitch but nice to see a big partnership towards the top of the order. Heading towards a pretty dull draw though. 

I heard someone on the radio call it a "Chief Executives pitch"

13 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

He will be inconsistent but I do quite like Crawley. Probably not suited to opening long term, like most of Englands batter they seem better at 5 and 6. I like he doesn't just wait to get out, he might knick off but if he has a decent day he we will be off to a decent start. 

My main issue with Crawley, well the ECB actually is that based on County performances he shouldn't be anywhere near test cricket. He has shown glimpses of looking good on occasion, so they may turn out to be justified in continuing to select him. However his initial selection highlights the ECBs willingness to ignore the highest performers across the County circuit, didn't Crawley just go to the same school Smith attended prior to him.

• Like 1

Lovely innings from Crawley and Root, but...

Just when I was thinking about how WI will cope with a nervy 60 overs chasing an unlikely total; England suddenly become the England of recent times again.

Oh well, I guess it's fair enough that both teams are very much in it. Hopefully the bowlers don't start chucking it all over the place.

48 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

It's actually refreshing to see us declare trying to win the match instead of making sure we don't lose.

Agree fully. Trouble is we can’t catch even with two hands. Poor effort by Crawley. 

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Not sure we learned much from that match really. Losing Wood's not going to help England though.

I do want to see much, much more of Dan Lawrence bowling though. What an action.

We learnt they are still willing to over work Stokes, even in a contest which was always going to be a draw.

• Like 1