Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The ECB never quite get it do they? 

Telegraph reporting reintroduction of 50 over knockout cup competition but the consideration of reducing the number of blast games 

I actually saw an advert for the blast the other day, I had to do a double take.

Important toss to win, especially with the quick turnaround from the last march and the Windies not making any changes to their bowling attack.

But classy from Root, but even the best need a bit of luck and a chance. 

Lawrence has looked good too. 

Love the Barmy army, and would love to be out there but I reckon they'd do my head in after a while lol

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Important toss to win, especially with the quick turnaround from the last march and the Windies not making any changes to their bowling attack.

But classy from Root, but even the best need a bit of luck and a chance. 

Lawrence has looked good too. 

Love the Barmy army, and would love to be out there but I reckon they'd do my head in after a while lol

I'm out here, they didn't get going until well after tea time. 

90%+ of the crowd are following England. A shame in a way..

14 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Perfect for Stokes to come in at this score and accelerate. 

Ironically they've dropped Buttler for this series and he'd probably do pretty well having a similar role to be honest. Although he isn't the long term solution and Foakes is a better red ball player anyway.

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Heading for a 0-0 series of uneventful matches. I get the West Indies wanting flat pitches to maximise the cricket with the amount of England fans out there but this isn't gripping at all.

Shame.

England aren't exactly complaining though given it's made our batting order look reasonable.

Regular readers of this thread will probably roll their eyes at me for this but this is partly the ECB's doing. If they fought for more equitable TV rights among all nations then groundsmen in the Caribbean wouldn't get told to prepare absolute roads for when their biggest matchgoing moneyspinner turns up.

8 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

England aren't exactly complaining though given it's made our batting order look reasonable.

Regular readers of this thread will probably roll their eyes at me for this but this is partly the ECB's doing. If they fought for more equitable TV rights among all nations then groundsmen in the Caribbean wouldn't get told to prepare absolute roads for when their biggest matchgoing moneyspinner turns up.

Have a look at 'Death of a Gentleman'. It's on Netflix. Very eye opening. 

Anyway I'm having a blast in Barbados ! 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

There was a good episode of Patriot Act on Netflix, discussing the IPL and the revenue split predominantly focusing on the BCCI. Apart from him seemingly making out the IPL was the first T20 competition in the world it's a pretty good watch.

Edited by Tommy Fresh