Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

Extraordinary session for all sorts of reasons. Credit to Da Silva, that innings was mature beyond his years - especially for a lad seeking his first Test ton.

But fvcking hell England. No energy, no strategy. Just bowl five at Da Silva and give yourself one ball in six to finish off the tail? Awful. And that head loss from Overton at the end...

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

Trying really hard not to moan about Crawley but it's so hard to not get annoyed. Although I think my issue is with the ECB rather than him, county performances prior to his initial call up didn't warrant him even being on their radar for selection. Also very worrying when you take out his double hundred how poor his test stats actually are. Lawrence and Pope (although they love dropping him) I can understand them persisting with to an extent because of county performances.

• Like 1

Bairstow with a shocking shot.

Needed him to stick around !

BBC summing up the wickets .

Crawley: poor shot

Root: poor shot

Lawrence: misjudged leave

Stokes: misjudged leave

Bairstow: unnecessarily taking on the short ball

Foakes: Run out going for unnecessary second run

Ouch !

Edited by Super_horns

I know the batting is pants, but by leaving Anderson and Broad at home, we were always going to struggle.

Our blunt bowling attack allowed the Windies to get a lead earlier, which they really shouldn't have achieved, and this has hastened our demise in the batting in the last two sessions.

Apart from Lees getting a snorter, every single wicket there was completely embarrassing. Lawrence leaving one which was closer to bouncing twice, Bairstow trying to hit it to St. Lucia, Stokes not having a clue what to do, the run out. All in the head, embarrassing. 

I just switched on the the ICC Women's World Cup on Sky (I thought let's see an England cricket team not being completely crap). And it was an advert showing Troy Deeney windmilling his arms around after after scoring against us in the play offs FFS. I can't bloody win.

So A Brain dead Foakes, was the best Player we could  & should have...until he plays...

None of them learn, by playing or First looking on....

These 2 years have been diabolical, has far es trying to defend your wicket, or Selling hard your Time at the crease...

In Tests, being Run out..No excuses..

Our mental discipline is down right poor...

This is something Strauss / Collingwood has to sort out immediately....

Again the women save the day..

With some inexperience in the Squad...

At least on poor days, at least 5-7 players will put in a shift..

Oh..let's not have any Broad/Anderson absense excuses..even these 2 true WClass greats, have got bogged down on unhelpfull wickets..

Strauss new Tenure has got to change this lack of mental discipline, and in the same innings too many batsman going for poor & sometimes the same wafty shots..

New captain yes, but Root stays..

Folkes,Bairstow,Pope, StokesLawrence stay.

I would still keep to simular squad of bowlers, obviously with Anderson & Broad, just to see what they can do when they have higher runs to defend.

Broad & Anderson will no longer be playing through 5 test series, but nursed, but we should  still see them in the same team selection at least twice on the trot.  Will they still see 2 at a pinch 3 summers together with maybe

2 split tours..??

Edited by fuchsntf

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Brain dead cricket

Times is up Joe, fantastic batsman but woeful captain. What will it be after this 1 win in 18?

Some reset 

The ECB's idea of a reset is to bring in one new opener, a keeper who should have been first choice for a number of years and a couple of new bowlers.

• Like 4

I’m struggling to remember a more depressingly poor England side than this shower and I doubt there is a solution within the current set up . Root simply has to step down or be told to resign as great cricketer though he is ,he cannot get the best out of his players and lacks tactical awareness .

Jimmy and Broad are at the end of their fine careers and they needed to be replaced and their omission isn’t the problem. What happened to Archer ? One good series 3/4 years ago (?) and he’s never heard of again .