Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

11 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I know the batting is pants, but by leaving Anderson and Broad at home, we were always going to struggle.

Our blunt bowling attack allowed the Windies to get a lead earlier, which they really shouldn't have achieved, and this has hastened our demise in the batting in the last two sessions.

We're without our five best bowlers in this Test- Broad, Anderson, Archer, Robinson and Wood. Not taking one of Broad or Anderson with Archer missing and Wood's unreliable fitness was a huge gamble in a place we usually struggle at.

Our dismal Test record continues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

I’m struggling to remember a more depressingly poor England side than this shower and I doubt there is a solution within the current set up . Root simply has to step down or be told to resign as great cricketer though he is ,he cannot get the best out of his players and lacks tactical awareness .

Jimmy and Broad are at the end of their fine careers and they needed to be replaced and their omission isn’t the problem. What happened to Archer ? One good series 3/4 years ago (?) and he’s never heard of again .

He’s had surgery on his elbow I think 

2 hours ago, surrifox said:

I’m struggling to remember a more depressingly poor England side than this shower and I doubt there is a solution within the current set up . Root simply has to step down or be told to resign as great cricketer though he is ,he cannot get the best out of his players and lacks tactical awareness .

Jimmy and Broad are at the end of their fine careers and they needed to be replaced and their omission isn’t the problem. What happened to Archer ? One good series 3/4 years ago (?) and he’s never heard of again .

Archer's had injury problems and is poorly managed, same as Wood is - and Stokes to a degree.

All overbowled because we've no choice when our batters give our bowlers nothing to bowl at so regularly.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, surrifox said:

Issue with the captaincy is, Root is probably the only player guranteed to be playing every test and not miss out due to fitness or form. If we had any other consistent picks, Root should have had it taken off of him after he came out slamming the bowlers for not following instructions.

I can already see them giving it Crawley at some point 😢

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

On the plus, we can't now ignore our issues by masking them with a series win over the WI

Only beaten them once in 50 years over there I believe.

Well it’s pretty much all over

Such a shambles .

I didn’t realise we weren’t able to appeal a LBW shout towards the end of the West Indies innings as we’d run out of reviews .

Sums the test up !

It's got to a stage where Lees is seen as a success because he got to 30 a few times. 

Any new coach as to get the best of the current players and a few that have already been tried. 

Insane decision to leave Broad and Anderson at home when we've ended up having to use 6th and 7th choice bowlers who are good home bowlers, but offer no threat on flat pitches. 

They need to play outside of tests, difficult during the winter I appreciate that. 

On 27/03/2022 at 10:27, Tommy Fresh said:

Surely they don't give the job to Collingwood, just get it over and done with and give Kirsten the test job already

I’d want Langer personally, fire some proper mentality into the squad that has been missing for far too long

22 minutes ago, jaqo88 said:

I’d want Langer personally, fire some proper mentality into the squad that has been missing for far too long

I like Langer but without a doubt if I had to chose between the two, Kirsten would get the job.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

England women look like putting up a good total in the World Cup semi final against SA. Great century from Wyatt, helped by a bit of luck but in games like this you sometimes need that.

They've done really well to come back from the brink of elimination and get to the final. However, I think the Aussie women are a level above them. They'll need 3 or 4 players to have the game of their lives to stand a chance, which is possible, but unlikely.