Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

34 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

They've done really well to come back from the brink of elimination and get to the final. However, I think the Aussie women are a level above them. They'll need 3 or 4 players to have the game of their lives to stand a chance, which is possible, but unlikely.

Yes they were, and Yes they will need to.

We played last 4 games like champions. With the same attitude we have lambasted correctly the men, now we have to stand proud and rightly laud our women.

S.Africa were having an excellent Tournament and had earnt the semi-final journey...We have  a good mix of cricketers,where any 2-4 ,from anywhere through the team that have that bit extra special in them for those important high moments & games...

Australia are a splice better Allround team than England & are a excellent Tournament Team because of their Quality in depth ( just like their men).

But England are the one probably only one, that can find their game to upset this top Australian unit...I

Even if England dont Crack it on Sunday...its been an entertaining top tournament,with our lasses playing a Major part of it...after first Losing also 3 Top games.

Knight as not smashed the runs, but  bowled decently & deffo a top of the tree captain...& Not having to rely just on Blunt & Sciver.

That Sophie-E..!! I have followed her from the beginning, what and how she has developed & has a Spin bowler & growing decent Backend batter...!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

They've done really well to come back from the brink of elimination and get to the final. However, I think the Aussie women are a level above them. They'll need 3 or 4 players to have the game of their lives to stand a chance, which is possible, but unlikely.

I'd agree here.

But then it is a one-off match, who knows what might happen?

10 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Babar Azam best batsman in the world? Taking in to account his ability across all formats.

Difficult to name someone who does as well across all formats, though I'd argue there are better batsmen in each individual format.

• Like 1

Cricket World Cup: England-Australia final to be shown free to air on Sunday

Women's Cricket World Cup final: England v Australia
Venue: Hagley Oval, Christchurch Date: Sunday, 3 April Time: 02:00 BST
Coverage: Ball-by-ball Test Match Special commentary on BBC Radio 5 live; Live text commentary & highlights on BBC Sport website, plus desktop, tablets, mobiles and app.
England's Women's World Cup final against Australia on Sunday will be made available on free to air.

Sky Sports have made the showpiece event available to watch on Pick TV, Sky Showcase and the Sky Sports YouTube channel.

The final takes place at Hagley Oval in Christchurch from 02:00 BST.

Test Match Special will provide ball-by-ball commentary on BBC Radio 5 live, as well as live text commentary and clips on the BBC Sport website and app.

Heather Knight's England side are defending champions in the event, while Australia are the number one ranked team in the 50-over format.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

They're so ruthless. 350+ on here. They're batting England out of the game.

That they are.

Fair play to them - they're the best for a reason. Like the men's side around the turn of the Millennium at World Cups - bringing it for the big occasion.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Aussies win by 71 runs. Gulf in class is huge. Without Sciver that would have been a tonking.

As a counterpoint, without Healy it would have been a lot closer, too.

The Aussies were too good on the day, but I don't think there was as much between them as all that given the England batting response.