Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

What do we all think the new England team might look like? Bit difficult to call really but perhaps something like this?

Lees

Crawley (lucky to be in but not sure who else)

Bohannon

Root

Brook

Stokes

Bairstow/Buttler

Broad

Potts

Parkinson

Anderson

Really not sure on the bowlers but maybe they’ll give Broad and Anderson one final summer.

Edited by Samu

6 minutes ago, Samu said:

What do we all think the new England team might look like? Bit difficult to call really but perhaps something like this?

Lees

Bohannon

Root

Brook

Stokes

Bairstow/Buttler

Broad

Potts

Parkinson

Anderson

Really not sure on the bowlers but maybe they’ll give Broad and Anderson one final summer.

Bairstow will bat at 5. I think Foakes might end up playing too. I think a Bohannon or Abell should be at 3 given their form. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Samu said:

Lees

Bohannon

Root

Brook

Stokes

Bairstow/Buttler

Broad

Potts

Parkinson

Anderson

18 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Bairstow will bat at 5. I think Foakes might end up playing too. I think a Bohannon or Abell should be at 3 given their form. 

Crawley will still get selected despite his terrible start to the season, reinforcing his very poor first class statistics. 

Alternatives to Crawley based on last season and start to this season we could look at Robson, Dickson, Gubbins, Sibley, Haines. Even Keaton Jennings based on this season so far would be a better shout. 

Ollie Pope has started the season very well, he just doesn't seem to be able to transfer that form in to International cricket but his averages make him hard to overlook. Foakes has also started the season in great form, and is easily our best keeper so we really need to give him a good run in the side. Also pretty hopeful we'll see Bohannon this summer failing that at least Brook or Abell.

Bowling wise Cook at Essex is having another good season so far so could be worthwhile giving him a chance to try him out.

I see Sam Curran only bowled 5 overs in the last match? Does that means he's injured again too? 

Is Brendan Rodgers in charge of managing our bowlers lol Always so much talk about keeping bowlers fresh but they seem to be injured more often then they used to be. 

Lees has shown enough form to keep his place I imagine, even if he has to show more to his game in test cricket I reckon, Crawley will still be involved I'm sure, I wouldn't be surprised to see Malan boomerang himself back in to the team again to bat 3. What's Dan Lawrence been up to? Not seen him playing much in country cricket? 

Bohannon is probably next in the line but will probably have a go at carrying the drinks first. Wouldn't be shocked to see Rory Burns return either. 

It will be Bairstow or Pope at 5, but could possibly give the gloves to Bairstow and bat him at 7. However Jonny has played no red ball cricket for ages so wouldn't be surprised if Foakes continues. Harry Brook is having a great season but we have enough middle order players so I'd let continue in country cricket for this summer. 

From a bowling point, I have no idea at all. Potts looks the obvious choice based on wickets taken but can he bat? As we need someone to bat 8. Is Craig Overton fit? He'll probably play if he is. 

Noone seems that keen on Leach, unless McCullum and Stokes have faith in him. So I'd give Matt Parkinson a go in these two tests and see what happens. 

15 hours ago, Samu said:

Lees

Bohannon

Root

Brook

Stokes

Bairstow/Buttler

Broad

Potts

Parkinson

Anderson

Not many changes according to the cricketer, only Brooks and Potts to get call ups. Pope is recalled and to bat at 3 which I find odd.

I can understand the need to keep the same bunch as they need to prove themselves to Mccullum.

Players like Crawley and Pope are technically good enough they just need help mentally.

8 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Not many changes according to the cricketer, only Brooks and Potts to get call ups. Pope is recalled and to bat at 3 which I find odd.

I can understand the need to keep the same bunch as they need to prove themselves to Mccullum.

Players like Crawley and Pope are technically good enough they just need help mentally.

Crawley is so good technically he barely averages 30 in county cricket.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stinky said:

Must just be me then that saw Broad/Anderson's omission for the Caribbean as more of a "we're not going to bother taking you this time" and not a "you're dropped, we don't rate you anymore" type thing? 

Helps there's been a complete change in set up since that tour I guess, had that tour gone well with those bowlers they'd perhaps try and phase them out even further.

Pope going to bat at 3 would be a big call, very talented but getting him exposed to the new ball (more often than not in the first couple overs) may ruin him even more. Could be Bairstow at 3? 

Don't see the point taking Brook away from County Cricket when he's in great form when he likely won't play. 

An attack of Overton, Broad and Anderson needs good conditions. Problem with that is New Zealand have bowlers who will enjoy swinging conditions too. 

16 hours ago, Stinky said:

Must just be me then that saw Broad/Anderson's omission for the Caribbean as more of a "we're not going to bother taking you this time" and not a "you're dropped, we don't rate you anymore" type thing? 

I thought so too but Stuart Broad has to make a drama out of everything.