Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I don't subscribe but this is so poor. ECB are absolutely deliberately running their own competitions into the ground to brow beat people into watching their vanity project. An absolute disgrace.

A few points on this over the last few days. 

- Noticed on the playoff coverage no advertisement of the Blast but some of the Hundred 

- Full programme of games over the weekend. No highlights package. 
- Two games tonight, currently showing a replay of a game on there. 
- They haven’t put any of the game on the free Mix channel or their YouTube stream. Worth mentioning that they use this for some of the lesser sports but not interested in it for the T20. At the very least sponsors get exposure. 

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

- Noticed on the playoff coverage no advertisement of the Blast but some of the Hundred 

- They haven’t put any of the game on the free Mix channel or their YouTube stream. Worth mentioning that they use this for some of the lesser sports but not interested in it for the T20. At the very least sponsors get exposure. 

They put loads of Hundred games on Mix and Sky One last summer, in addition to airing the same games on two of the subscription channels at the same time! Infuriating.

10 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I don't subscribe but this is so poor. ECB are absolutely deliberately running their own competitions into the ground to brow beat people into watching their vanity project. An absolute disgrace.

Lancashire vs Yorkshire was on Sky on Sunday. And Leics vs Derbyshire was on Sky too I think. 

Expected one of the games last night to be on though. 

Unless you mean on free to air. Has it been free to air before? 

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I agree the advertising has been poor, but seems redundant the ECB streaming the games when the Counties are streaming the games themselves for free. Would be good to see some of the Sky selected games given an airing on a free channel once in a while though.

8 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I agree the advertising has been poor, but seems redundant the ECB streaming the games when the Counties are streaming the games themselves for free. Would be good to see some of the Sky selected games given an airing on a free channel once in a while though.

I'll stick my hand up at that as I thought the Counties were purposely avoiding streaming the Blast games. 

50 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Lancashire vs Yorkshire was on Sky on Sunday. And Leics vs Derbyshire was on Sky too I think. 

Expected one of the games last night to be on though. 

Unless you mean on free to air. Has it been free to air before? 

T20 has never been on free to air but why, when Sky have the rights to all games, are they showing replays from other tournaments instead of live cricket?

If they're not arsed then at least let an FTA broadcaster have a crack at some of the games.

8 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

T20 has never been on free to air but why, when Sky have the rights to all games, are they showing replays from other tournaments instead of live cricket?

If they're not arsed then at least let an FTA broadcaster have a crack at some of the games.

It would be good for Sky to put some on free to air, even though as far as I'm aware all games (bar Sky) are streamed, you aren't picking up new fans through these streams.

38 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

It would be good for Sky to put some on free to air, even though as far as I'm aware all games (bar Sky) are streamed, you aren't picking up new fans through these streams.

Yeah. The initiative to get all county games streamed is something the ECB do actually deserve credit for. As you say though, there's no added value in it really.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah. The initiative to get all county games streamed is something the ECB do actually deserve credit for. As you say though, there's no added value in it really.

Yeah the coverage isn't to the same standard as Sky is it and any newcomers would have to stumble across a Counties stream

25 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

20,000 tickets unsold for the first day against New Zealand at Lords, 110 quid for a child ticket is disgusting.

Knew the ECB and Test Counties' greed would eat themselves eventually. Love how they're blaming the Jubilee too like a) Bank Holidays don't make it easier for people to do days at the cricket and b) Lord's wanted it this weekend specifically to coincide with it!

Tom Harrison was so good for English cricket.

To be honest, the Test side is getting the reaction it deserves. I feel for McCullum and Stokes as they aren't to blame but this has been coming.

Whats pissed me off at the moment is the scheduling for the T20. There's a round of red ball in a few weeks time, slapped right in the middle of the T20 group stages. Why not play the red ball round last weekend, then start the T20 season this weekend (with the long weekend too), also avoiding a clash with the IPL. My side Worcs will have been without Moeen and an OS player for our first four games while they are on their "break" after their stint in the IPL, which also happen to ALL be away to Yorks, Notts, Lancashire and Durham. Why the **** are our first four fixtures away from home? Which incidentally has triggered me to check... Notts first 3 games in the T20 are at home, Lancs first 4 out of 5 are at home, while Yorks have SIX of the first 7 at home. The odd game that they aren't at home they're facing one another. Our T20 summer will be a write off before our best players rock up.

Edited by Stinky

27 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Whats pissed me off at the moment is the scheduling for the T20. There's a round of red ball in a few weeks time, slapped right in the middle of the T20 group stages. Why not play the red ball round last weekend, then start the T20 season this weekend (with the long weekend too), also avoiding a clash with the IPL. My side Worcs will have been without Moeen and an OS player for our first four games while they are on their "break" after their stint in the IPL, which also happen to ALL be away to Yorks, Notts, Lancashire and Durham. Why the **** are our first four fixtures away from home? Which incidentally has triggered me to check... Notts first 3 games in the T20 are at home, Lancs first 4 out of 5 are at home, while Yorks have SIX of the first 7 at home. The odd game that they aren't at home they're facing one another. Our T20 summer will be a write off before our best players rock up.

If it’s any consolation Yorkshire are about to lose their 2nd on the spin at home to Derbyshire. They had a strong team but now Root and Brook have gone, and with Khan and Rauf going after this game, they’ll look very average again. They’ll also be losing Malan, Willey and Rashid mid June as well. 

I do agree with you though, the blast and it’s scheduling just seems like an after thought.

I was at the opener against Worcs and for what it’s worth I thought you batted very well that day. 

Edited by Manini

3 minutes ago, Stinky said:

The reason for the rounds (think it’s two) of Championship games is due to the outcry that there was no four-day games really in June and July last year. The school holidays is when everyone wants to play, so they’ve given that The Hundred and are just making it up as they go along with the rest. 

Warwickshire (not calling them Birmingham ffs) and Lancs looking strong as you’d expect, would be surprised if the winner of this doesn’t come from the southern group though. Somerset setting the early pace I think. 

31 minutes ago, Manini said:

If it’s any consolation Yorkshire are about to lose their 2nd on the spin at home to Derbyshire. They had a strong team but now Root and Brook have gone, and with Khan and Rauf going after this game, they’ll look very average again. They’ll also be losing Malan, Willey and Rashid mid June as well. 

I do agree with you though, the blast and it’s scheduling just seems like an after thought.

I was at the opener against Worcs and for what it’s worth I thought you batted very well that day. 

We've not really been humiliated in any game, we've just definitely lacked the the touch of a star player and/or an extra 20/25 runs. Personally looking forward to the one day stuff as most of our squad, if not all, appear to have not caught the eye of any crisp franchises

14 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

20,000 tickets unsold for the first day against New Zealand at Lords, 110 quid for a child ticket is disgusting.

Yeah had a look yesterday in the office with my boss, half thinking about a works day down there. Prices were honking! 

Edited by SemperEadem

18 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah had a look yesterday in the office with my boss, half thinking about a works day down there. Prices were honking! 

1 win in 17 matches and think they have the right to charge that much. Its about supply and demand and they've underestimated the paying public. Given the jubilee they should have sold them low and sold them out for the new regime.

Pure greed from the ECB and now they've got egg on their faces and rightly so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

1 win in 17 matches and think they have the right to charge that much. Its about supply and demand and they've underestimated the paying public. Given the jubilee they should have sold them low and sold them out for the new regime.

Pure greed from the ECB and now they've got egg on their faces and rightly so.

Individual grounds set their own prices, in fairness, though the ECB really ought to have had a word with them about the gouging. The Northern grounds are the only places where you get anywhere near something that might be reasonable value for a day's play these days.

• Like 1