Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

12 hours ago, Manini said:

Warwickshire (not calling them Birmingham ffs) and Lancs looking strong as you’d expect, would be surprised if the winner of this doesn’t come from the southern group though. Somerset setting the early pace I think. 

Was at TB last night. Lancs bowling was exceptional, I know sometimes you see a team skittled for under 100 and think it must be batter error. But the pace from Gleeson and then the combination of spinners absolutely destroyed Notts.

I went expecting to be impressed by Lancs batting but it was the bowling I was taken aback by to be honest. 

Livingstone is a funny one, looks such a part time bowler but clearly gets the batters to make terrible decisions and picks up plenty of wickets as a result

15 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

20,000 tickets unsold for the first day against New Zealand at Lords, 110 quid for a child ticket is disgusting.

Is that right?

Must be the highest level.

The Lords site says it's from £20-40 for Under 16s but that is only on the Thursday.

https://tickets.lords.org/en-GB/categories/internationals

I agree generally the prices are expensive for adults but money talks and people still pay it.

43 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Was at TB last night. Lancs bowling was exceptional, I know sometimes you see a team skittled for under 100 and think it must be batter error. But the pace from Gleeson and then the combination of spinners absolutely destroyed Notts.

I went expecting to be impressed by Lancs batting but it was the bowling I was taken aback by to be honest. 

Livingstone is a funny one, looks such a part time bowler but clearly gets the batters to make terrible decisions and picks up plenty of wickets as a result

Almost the opposite of Yorkshire in that sense, looks a strong bowling attack but the batsmen have dug them out of a hole (and it’s still not been enough!). Khan you’d expect to be on fire but he’s bowled short filth, Thompson also too expensive. Rauf about the only quick who looks any good. Bess/Rashid, average but not too poor. Not convinced on Revis yet this season. 

I’m looking forward to seeing Lancashire at Headingley next week. Glad they pummelled Notts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Fantastic morning so far. Let’s hope we don’t fail with the bat. 

I'd hope not either but given the current situation I don't think it would matter all that much - no matter how England bat they'll be at least slightly ahead of the game and that is given a total horror collapse.

When was the last time a team bowled out for around or lower than 60 in the first innings went on to win a Test?

Edited by leicsmac

13 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I'd hope not either but given the current situation I don't think it would matter all that much - no matter how England bat they'll be at least slightly ahead of the game and that is given a total horror collapse.

When was the last time a team bowled out for around or lower than 60 in the first innings went on to win a Test?

Last I can remember is us beating the Aussies in 2019 having been bowled out for 67 (?)

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Surely he heard the nick. I think his instant reaction said it all, then he started contemplating. Good he didn't review! 

Think it was the disappointment and just wanted to hear anything to convince him to review because he was going well.