Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I'd hope not either but given the current situation I don't think it would matter all that much - no matter how England bat they'll be at least slightly ahead of the game and that is given a total horror collapse.

When was the last time a team bowled out for around or lower than 60 in the first innings went on to win a Test?

This aged well. 

Well that's the craziest day of test cricket I've ever attended.  17 wickets but to be honest it looked like a decent pitch to me.

Great line and length bowling by England in the morning although the NZ batters looked extremely rusty.

England's batting in response however.  Just no words...

7 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

This aged well. 

I had to open my big mouth, didn't I? :D

That being said, in my defence the exact words were "no matter how England bat they'll be at least slightly ahead of the game and that is given a total horror collapse". 16 runs behind with three wickets in hand and a (reasonably) frontline batsman still there in Foakes is a horror collapse but also still is not far from being at least slightly ahead of the game, viz. a lead of 10-20 runs.

• Like 1

A great day out at Lords yesterday spoiled only by the cricket :P

The setting seems to bring out the best in the opposition and McCullum might need to think about playing all future home tests at Edgbaston where we have a much better record . I also have a ticket for Saturday btw