Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

Crawley caught driving........it's like City defending set pieces, you just know what's coming.

His statistics must be staggering. 

He wasn't caught driving? He went for a defensive shot and edged it.

12 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

How long are we giving Crawley? I still haven't a clue as to what he's done for Kent to be playing test cricket.

He seems be picked off the back of having a nice looking technique, and being Rob Key's mate of course. I think there is potential there, but long term I reckon he's a number 3 and he should be sent back to Kent for a while to work on his defence. 

There are a whole host of openers with a better claim than him based off recent performances. I'd like to see Robson given another run, but you could argue that Haines, Compton, Libby, Slater and Gubbins all are more deserving than Crawley. I'd even prefer recalls for Sibley/Burns.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Osavo said:

He seems be picked off the back of having a nice looking technique, and being Rob Key's mate of course. I think there is potential there, but long term I reckon he's a number 3 and he should be sent back to Kent for a while to work on his defence. 

There are a whole host of openers with a better claim than him based off recent performances. I'd like to see Robson given another run, but you could argue that Haines, Compton, Libby, Slater and Gubbins all are more deserving than Crawley. I'd even prefer recalls for Sibley/Burns.

From what I remember wasn't it reported that him and Ed Smith had both attended the same private school (not at the same time obviously).

Does seem to have the odd innings in him and he does have potential, my main issue has always been his County record never warranted a call up and our reluctance to send him back in to the County circuit. We've done it with Sibley as well as Hameed and Pope numerous times.

I've suggested Robson before but I don't think it'll ever happen, Compton has looked very good this season, think the other names you've mentioned were all being thrown about last season as well. Even Keaton Jennings has had a good Championship season so far 😂.

Not opener related but I'm hopeful we see Bohannon this summer.

I wonder had this been the England squad when James Hildreth was in his prime whether he'd of still not been called up?

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Most commentators annoy me these days, especially commentating on their own teams. Every catch for the opposition is 'easy' or a 'walk in the park'. If it's for their own team, it's a difficult one or the player tried their best. 

Swann for England, Harsha Bhogle for India are two prime examples. 

Draw is favourite. However, if we get bowled out before lunch, NZ will set us a target to chase on day 5, they have no realistic option if they want a series win. 

2 days to go, so plenty of time, quick scoring ground too. Game on. 

7 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

From what I remember wasn't it reported that him and Ed Smith had both attended the same private school (not at the same time obviously).

Does seem to have the odd innings in him and he does have potential, my main issue has always been his County record never warranted a call up and our reluctance to send him back in to the County circuit. We've done it with Sibley as well as Hameed and Pope numerous times.

I've suggested Robson before but I don't think it'll ever happen, Compton has looked very good this season, think the other names you've mentioned were all being thrown about last season as well. Even Keaton Jennings has had a good Championship season so far 😂.

Not opener related but I'm hopeful we see Bohannon this summer.

I wonder had this been the England squad when James Hildreth was in his prime whether he'd of still not been called up?

That is correct, yes. Forgot about that being another reason!

Re Hildreth, he would definitely have got a run if he was 10 years younger. One of the most unfortunate players ever in that he hit his prime as England had perhaps our best ever top seven. 

Great batting day today. Delighted for Pope - yes it's a fairly flat deck but that should give him some confidence and buy him some time to make that number 3 slot his own. Really want him to succeed as he is clearly an exceptionally talented and technically correct player.

Root superlative as ever. 10 tons since the start of 2021 is absurd, looks so happy batting at the moment and you'd think he'll only improve for being unburdened by captaincy. What a player.

• Like 1