Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

59 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Great batting day today. Delighted for Pope - yes it's a fairly flat deck but that should give him some confidence and buy him some time to make that number 3 slot his own. Really want him to succeed as he is clearly an exceptionally talented and technically correct player.

Root superlative as ever. 10 tons since the start of 2021 is absurd, looks so happy batting at the moment and you'd think he'll only improve for being unburdened by captaincy. What a player.

absolutely. I was at TB on Friday and Saturday and Rooty was so sharp in the field (aside from the drop!). Just looks happy, and as you said, unburdened. A magnificent player and by all accounts a really top bloke too

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Brilliant day to be a spectator at Trent Bridge today. Dunno if I'd part with 70 quid to go and see England again in a hurry just because that's way too much for any sporting ticket IMO, but I had a brilliant time today.

£70 doesn’t sound too bad for 6 1/2 hours entertainment, compared to football, £40 for 1 1/2 hours. Each to their own l guess. 

2 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

£70 doesn’t sound too bad for 6 1/2 hours entertainment, compared to football, £40 for 1 1/2 hours. Each to their own l guess. 

Still a very expensive day out in my opinion, particularly when you factor in they want to make the sport more accessible and widely supported. Also, because of the length of time, you end up spending a fair whack on food/beers, it's a £100 plus day out.

My ticket for the India game at TB last summer was £40 - seems a big jump. I turned my nose up at the prices this summer, particularly after our shoddy winter performances.

1 minute ago, Osavo said:

Still a very expensive day out in my opinion, particularly when you factor in they want to make the sport more accessible and widely supported. Also, because of the length of time, you end up spending a fair whack on food/beers, it's a £100 plus day out.

My ticket for the India game at TB last summer was £40 - seems a big jump. I turned my nose up at the prices this summer, particularly after our shoddy winter performances.

Fair enough, like I said, each to their own. A £40 ticket to the football becomes a £70 plus day if you factor food & beers. 

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

Fair enough, like I said, each to their own. A £40 ticket to the football becomes a £70 plus day if you factor food & beers. 

I'll clarify that if I'm going to spend £70 on entertainment, due to my budget that has to be very well considered. There's no denying per hour it's better value than some others.

24 minutes ago, Corky said:

The NZ commentators are usually great.

I love listening to their rugby comms. Nisbo and TJ are cracking. The Kiwi attitude in general is just pretty laid back, it's amazing the contrast between them and Aussie comms which tends to be some of the most biased and one sided sports commentary you'll ever hear and I do include BT Sport covering Liverpool games in that lol

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I love listening to their rugby comms. Nisbo and TJ are cracking. The Kiwi attitude in general is just pretty laid back, it's amazing the contrast between them and Aussie comms which tends to be some of the most biased and one sided sports commentary you'll ever hear and I do include BT Sport covering Liverpool games in that lol

Best of all time 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

You never feel like Leach is about to get a wicket. 

Despite it being a good batting pitch you don't feel confident that we won't collapse 4th innings. Well I don't anyway. 

I agree he's a tidy bowler but never threatens and doesn't bowl attacking lines.

Problem is the spinners don't get a fair crack in this country and will only improves the more he bowls.

No obvious candidate either Parkinson is slow, Bess is expensive and Ali is retired.

Maybe Reham Ahmed is the future, can spin it and can hold a bat too.