Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

16 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Brook could do the same job with better stats. 

Not sure where you've got your stats from, but from what I can see Livingstone averages more with the bat in red ball and 50 over cricket, Brook more in T20. Livingstone also has a better bowling average across all formats.

5 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Livingstone needs to get back playing red ball cricket, decent stats regardless but with how we're looking to go he might actually start getting a look in.

Do you play him instead of Leach in England when we're likely to not use a spinner much? Thus extending the batting line up by 1.

Genuinely curious as not sure where else he fits in to the current line up.

23 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Do you play him instead of Leach in England when we're likely to not use a spinner much? Thus extending the batting line up by 1.

Genuinely curious as not sure where else he fits in to the current line up.

Possibly, I just think he'd be a good option to have around from time to time. Although I do think there's a lot of people I'd rather see in the batting line up first though.

25 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Possibly, I just think he'd be a good option to have around from time to time. Although I do think there's a lot of people I'd rather see in the batting line up first though.

Yeah fair enough.

I think the never ending discussion of openers is still there as a priority. Lees looks like a go-er to me, a bit of a Cook/Hayden hybrid. But the partner slot is still up for grabs.

Pope needs a good final test and then the random one against India to nail down the No.3 for the South Africa August series. 

Also think the new management will be more open to having a 'team for the summer' and 'team for the winter' rather than flogging the same people year round in different conditions. 

Edited by AjcW

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Yeah fair enough.

I think the never ending discussion of openers is still there as a priority. Lees looks like a go-er to me, a bit of a Cook/Hayden hybrid. But the partner slot is still up for grabs.

Pope needs a good final test and then the random one against India to nail down the No.3 for the South Africa August series. 

Also think the new management will be more open to having a 'team for the summer' and 'team for the winter' rather than flogging the same people year round in different conditions. 

You'd hope the partner slot would still be up for grabs but they absolutely love Crawley. Must be lads playing County cricket wondering how they get a break, when all Crawley had to do was barely average 30 for Kent.

7 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You'd hope the partner slot would still be up for grabs but they absolutely love Crawley. Must be lads playing County cricket wondering how they get a break, when all Crawley had to do was barely average 30 for Kent.

I guess it doesn't help that his mentor is now Managing Director lol 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just seen the Netherlands ODI score - and then looked that we still had Buttler, Morgan and Livingstone left to bat lol

Crazy line up really isn't it, got a no.9 who opens in both forms for counties occassionally and a ten who is very much an allrounder