Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

4 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

If we can get to around a deficit of say 100, what would New Zealand try and tempt us with to chase? 

Surely under this new regime we will go after it regardless

I should probably wait until the end of our innings to post lol

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Surely Mitchell and Blundell have to fail at some point ..

If we can get them out be in an excellent position.

Yup, we could get them Early & cheaply..having to Need only 210 runs...But Heyo we could also collapse.!!

Unti! 1-2 generation of supporters have passed, & England present better discipline, turnover & no such attrocious collapses over 2-3 Player generations

Then we will also suffer....& ready &  parate to Set off our very own cynical,wry put-downs....Anglo-Saxon nature of the beast..!! Innit.

Leicester city, Any English International sport any individual sufferer tends to follow...I

We English..cant Take penalties, throw-ins, cant go to a Football game without getting pissed &  causing mayhem. & fking terrible at catching.

We have more collapses than Blackpool-deckchairs..We have In politics more Pricks than a dartboard...More decision fumbles than our slip-cordon,or

our Rugby backline...

But our lives,  Plethora Poetry  of comebacks...Are always So  Bloody hilarious & historical...

Our very British reason  of being....Is Simply to be stubborn & foremost irritating..

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Or we could chase near to 300 or so like in the last 2 tests ..

But yes we probably won’t get away with bad top order batting all the time .

Probably not.

But as the ODI team shows, we just need to get away with some batsmen misfiring *enough* times.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

What a fantastic series. Always love it when we play New Zealand in any format, seems to bring out the best in both sides! 

NZ seem such a likeable team too, captained by a fella who comes across as a great leader & such a nice man. 

• Like 3

Genuine question, are there some batsmen who grow up and dedicate themselves to being an opening batsmen or is it just forced upon some?

I can imagine growing up wanting to bat but can't get my head around anybody wanting to face a new ball for 20+ overs at world class level.

43 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Should be the end of Crawley. If you are going to play this style, why not just stick Livingstone in for him? At least you know one of the innings will go right rather than constant failure 

Heard Sangakara talking earlier about Buttler opening, similar sort of thinking. Not sure I'm keen the be honest lol

That was really poor from Crawley even though he ended up with a handful of runs. Hiding behind they 'we go for it' mantra a bit and showed no desire to look after his wicket, even just for a bit. At best he's a number 5 or 6, but definitely not an opener.

Pope managed to get through it but I worry about him getting his through his first 20 balls consistently at number 3. 

But I suppose under this regime, they aren't looking for traditional top order batsmen.