Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They both celebrated passionately. Get over it. 

Thanks for answering the rest of my post as well. 

Thanks for addressing the point 🤣

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Thanks for addressing the point 🤣

Addressing the point that you see there's nothing wrong either player's passion in celebrating...? 

Are you planning on answering the other questions? Or not? 

Just now, leicsmac said:

....pardon me, but hasn't this discussion been done to the same degree as a Harvester gammon steak on here before?

Bairstow gone, damage limitation to keep the lead below 100 now, I think.

Yes. I don't know why I continue on my part lol

Just now, StanSP said:

Addressing the point that you see there's nothing wrong either player's passion in celebrating...? 

Are you planning on answering the other questions? Or not? 

Nowt wrong with players celebrating passionately but I think we can all agree that the line is drawn at celebrating in the oppositions face.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Nowt wrong with players celebrating passionately but I think we can all agree that the line is drawn at celebrating in the oppositions face.

Unless you wear virat kohli pyjamas 

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sorry, but where is the stunt lollol 

We all love it when Vardy does it and goads the opposition. No different, or is it?

This is cricket though isn’t it? lol

Also a bit different when majority of the time Vardy’s been being goaded about his missus. 

I’m all for celebrating wickets and stuff but in the game of cricket, that’s too far. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Bert said:

This is cricket though isn’t it? lol

Also a bit different when majority of the time Vardy’s been being goaded about his missus. 

I’m all for celebrating wickets and stuff but in the game of cricket, that’s too far. 

The mental gymnastics going on here are phenomenal. Vardy comparisons. **** me.

Vardy celebrates infront of the opposition fans.

If the Barmy Army were singing that Kohli's missus was a slag I don't think anyone would have a problem with him running and celebrate on front of them.

Kohli is an arrogant arse who loves the camera and the camera loves him

But that's hardly unique among leading sportsmen even in cricket and it's clear that he's there to win, not to be popular. And at the end of the day, that's what top-level sport is about.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Kohli is an arrogant arse who loves the camera and the camera loves him

But that's hardly unique among leading sportsmen even in cricket and it's clear that he's there to win, not to be popular. And at the end of the day, that's what top-level sport is about.

And I cannot fault his determination and passion to win. But there’s also a way of going about it, especially in test cricket. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Bert said:

And I cannot fault his determination and passion to win. But there’s also a way of going about it, especially in test cricket. 

The argument that he's an arse but so is everyone else (even if that were true) would be akin to saying the prime minister is a lier but who isn't in Parliament..... 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

TBH I do think England cricket fans do have their hangups about such things whereas other nations don't.

Perhaps that's a reason why Douglas Jardine isn't well regarded or remembered even though he was the only captain who managed to negate arguably the greatest single-discipline sportsman who ever lived because his technique for doing so was rather unethical.

The Aussies from early 90's to mid-2000's were utterly merciless, but even though I despised them for handing out so many kickings and being so brutal on the field of play, I still respected that they were there to do a job, as long as it stayed within the laws of the game.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I still respected that they were there to do a job, as long as it stayed within the laws of the game.

Running in the direction of an opponent to give them a send off isn't within the laws of the game.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Poor form from this Indian side. He knows full well that hasn't carried.

I'm surprised it's been given out. In the snap second of the moment let's face it you're probably not sure at best. But surely umpire sees it hits the ground before getting to the fingers.