Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I'm surprised it's been given out. In the snap second of the moment let's face it you're probably not sure at best. But surely umpire sees it hits the ground before getting to the fingers. 

It's less of a catch than the Root one fro. The first innings.

The Indian fielder knows it hasn't carried but celebrates because he knows if he can get the soft signal then its almost impossible to overturn.

It's cheating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

The Indian fielder knows it hasn't carried but celebrates because he knows if he can get the soft signal then its almost impossible to overturn.

It's cheating.

I don't agree with it. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 hours ago, StanSP said:

I don't agree with it. 

4 hours ago, Corky said:

How is the soft signal given as out?

Clearly bounced but not overturned.

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

It's cheating.

This is why I don't need to answer your questions @stansp.

Weve just seen kohli run in the face of a batsmen who out, call out bairstow and then a fielders claimed a catch when it wasn't. There's playing the game the right way and there's this. Didn't see anything like this from new zealand. 

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

19 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Running in the direction of an opponent to give them a send off isn't within the laws of the game.

Is there a law against it? (Genuine question, honestly don't know.)

I will add however that I'd agree with you that there is a marked difference in the way that India/Aus and teams like NZ play the game.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Is there a law against it? (Genuine question, honestly don't know.)

I will add however that I'd agree with you that there is a marked difference in the way that India/Aus and teams like NZ play the game.

Yeah. Bowlers regularly get fined for giving batsmen a send off. Kohli gets away with it as he mainly stands at second slip dropping things.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yeah. Bowlers regularly get fined for giving batsmen a send off. Kohli gets away with it as he mainly stands at second slip dropping things.

Fair enough.

Speaking personally, top level sport is hard and while it's nice to play the game the "right" way, that's secondary to winning IMO. Of course, then you get guys like Smith who have actively cheated which of course is crossing all kinds of lines and as such you've got to know where the line is.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, leicsmac said:

Fair enough.

Speaking personally, top level sport is hard and while it's nice to play the game the "right" way, that's secondary to winning IMO. Of course, then you get guys like Smith who have actively cheated which of course is crossing all kinds of lines and as such you've got to know where the line is.

It is hard for sure. That's why most of the best respect the others around them.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Mike Dean back at it again

Hes at it again with that review on pujara, he's smashed it.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

England might well do something remarkable in the 4th innings but I highly doubt it with Bumrah and Shami. The moment this game was lost was the Broad over, really was a game changer. 

This lead is not enough when you consider what England have chased recently. 

We've thrown this away, or at least in the process of doing so. 

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This lead is not enough when you consider what England have chased recently. 

We've thrown this away, or at least in the process of doing so. 

To be fair, can it not be said that your bowling attack is much better than New Zealand's and that maybe a score in the 200s is about par for this pitch and conditions? End of the day you're going to give them a score to chase that's comfortably over a hundred runs better than they got in their first innings. Still going to put you in the driver's seat no?

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

To be fair, can it not be said that your bowling attack is much better than New Zealand's and that maybe a score in the 200s is about par for this pitch and conditions? End of the day you're going to give them a score to chase that's comfortably over a hundred runs better than they got in their first innings. Still going to put you in the driver's seat no?

It is. But we've had bowling collapses against England before. Perhaps it's more to do with being in a strong position at start of the day and not taking full advantage of that. The bowling attack is strong with Bumrah, Shami and Jadeja but England have shown they can be very attacking in their batting. It actually adds to the intrigue of the match to be honest. 

• Like 1

Either its one of the best run chases ever or they'll hide behind "well we went for it" when they are 80 all out. 

The idea should be bat properly today and then see how much we need tomorrow. However we bat properly we probably get out anyway. Get as many as you can before you get out lol