Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

When we knock off these last few off I hope they're all ready to run on the pitch and give Kohli the full Keown :ph34r:

Everyone is always out when he’s in the field and he’s never out when batting - what a nob 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

When we knock off these last few off I hope they're all ready to run on the pitch and give Kohli the full Keown :ph34r:

🤣🤣🤣

I remember when he said england couldn't handle the pressure in the world cup.

Mother cricket mate, mother cricket.

Incredible stuff. Not sure if its made a difference but moving Jonny up to 5 has worked a treat lol So good, been messed around so much in his career. Can play all forms, can keep wicket and is an excellent ground fielder. What a player and seems a top bloke too. 

Can't wait to see how we approach away series because that will be a very different challenge but amazing what a change of mindset can do. 

• Like 2

Fantastic stuff. What a brilliant chase. I’m so glad Bairstow has stepped up and finally cemented himself into this test side. I was one of his biggest critics of him being a test batter so I’m glad he’s shut me up. 

What a brilliant few weeks of test cricket from us. 

• Like 1

So difficult to contextualise what a phenomenal series of chases this has been, genuinely unprecedented - have been supported by some decks that have held up well on days 4+5, and some muddled third innings batting from NZ and India, but the composure and quality of these changes has been insane.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Everyone is always out when he’s in the field and he’s never out when batting - what a nob 

What does this mean lol

Nice to see he gave Bairstow a good hug at the end celebrating the win for England. Won't hear much of that in the media though. 

Was speaking to my dad the other day and we agreed our only wish was that Bairstow’s old man was around to see him in this form. He’d have been incredibly proud. He’s turned in to a fine, fine cricketer across all three formats. Fair play Jonny. 

Edited by Manini

This England style reminds me of the Australian cricket team of the late 90s and early 2000's when they started to score a 4 an over, they put other teams under pressure in the same way.

Be interesting if South Africa wins the toss in the next test and whether they decide to chuck England in first, rather than let the chase.

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Crikey Stan are you his Dad or something?

Just cos I'm Indian?! Wow... How rude!! 

This is a joke, mods. Quite obviously only messing about. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Unpopular opinion but I really like Kohli as a bloke. :dunno:

17 hours ago, StanSP said:

Genuinely interesting that some in here like how Kyrgios acts but hate Kohli :whistle:

Or Jamie Vardy... 

Honestly find it baffling coming on a football forum and seeing people have problems with Kohli. 

Like, if this was EtonTalk and you were all MCC snobs sat there in your little clown blazers eating cucumber sandwiches then alright fair. ItS jUsT nOt CrIcKeT etc. 

But a forum of football fans moaning about a guy who is a bit passionate, likes to wind up the opposition and loves a bit of bravado on the pitch? I mean isn't that the sort of stuff we're meant to love. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1