Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

40 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Or Jamie Vardy... 

Honestly find it baffling coming on a football forum and seeing people have problems with Kohli. 

Like, if this was EtonTalk and you were all MCC snobs sat there in your little clown blazers eating cucumber sandwiches then alright fair. ItS jUsT nOt CrIcKeT etc. 

But a forum of football fans moaning about a guy who is a bit passionate, likes to wind up the opposition and loves a bit of bravado on the pitch? I mean isn't that the sort of stuff we're meant to love. 

You going to pretend we'd all love Vardy if he didn't play for us?

I don't think you have to be an "Eton snob" to see a difference between football and Wimbledon/Cricket though.

He's not getting any runs and he put in a wild celebration in the face of our fledgling number 3 as he got run out by someone else. Just massively over the top and despite his supreme talent he's ****ing difficult to like. Tops it all off that he hasn't made runs in about 3 years now.

It'd be like Heung Min-Son scoring against us next season and then Harry Kane celebrating in the face of Luke Thomas. Can't imagine that would go down well at the KP.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Or Jamie Vardy... 

Honestly find it baffling coming on a football forum and seeing people have problems with Kohli. 

Like, if this was EtonTalk and you were all MCC snobs sat there in your little clown blazers eating cucumber sandwiches then alright fair. ItS jUsT nOt CrIcKeT etc. 

But a forum of football fans moaning about a guy who is a bit passionate, likes to wind up the opposition and loves a bit of bravado on the pitch? I mean isn't that the sort of stuff we're meant to love. 

He’s a cricketer, where the game isn’t about that. He constantly oversteps the mark. Comparing him to a footballer is absolutely ludicrous. Vardy gets dogs abuse game in game out. But have you ever seen him run up to someone after scoring like Kohli did? At worst Vardy has pointed at two goalkeepers who tried to put him off. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Bert said:

He’s a cricketer, where the game isn’t about that. He constantly oversteps the mark. Comparing him to a footballer is absolutely ludicrous. Vardy gets dogs abuse game in game out. But have you ever seen him run up to someone after scoring like Kohli did? At worst Vardy has pointed at two goalkeepers who tried to put him off. 

Absolutely.

The difference between the way they behave is enormous.

Vardy tends to by and large give opposing fans stick and it's normally them who start on him. He's given a couple of keepers stick (Reina and the everton keeper once) as far as i can remember but it's normally if they're trying to put him off. I've never seen him get in the face of the opposition, nor have I ever seen him try and referee the game. Football is an entirely different sport too so you're not comparing like for like. He's also not perfect and gets a lot of stuff wrong - his celebration against United was a bit dickish but united had been giving him all sorts of abuse. Lots of his stuff is pretty funny too - doing an eagle celebration scoring at palace is just downright witty.

Kohli regularly goes after umpires and fellow pros, and has a list of offences in Indian cricket that demonstrates that he acts as if he's above the game. He'll regularly get in the face of opponents, regularly complains to umpires and has pissed off some really decent people both in India and internationally. No one has ever fallen out with Anil Kumble, yet he managed it. Sehwag also calls him out. He also regularly falls out with his own teammates. He spent most of the tour of South Africa complaining about a biased media and claiming corruption against DRS. He's very much in the klopp / Mourinho mould and I'm no great fans of them. It's the arrogance that goes with it too, he's clearly been a great batsmen and is an absolute hero in India but there's not much class in his behaviour to be honest - the way he behaves will influence an entire nation if not world. Some of the stuff he's doing really isn't setting a great example for kids in how to play the game. There's no humour about him, it's just all in your face aggresion, he's a cricketer not a UFC fighter FFS.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Absolutely.

The difference between the way they behave is enormous.

Vardy tends to by and large give opposing fans stick and it's normally them who start on him. He's given a couple of keepers stick (Reina and the everton keeper once) as far as i can remember but it's normally if they're trying to put him off. I've never seen him get in the face of the opposition, nor have I ever seen him try and referee the game. Football is an entirely different sport too so you're not comparing like for like. He's also not perfect and gets a lot of stuff wrong - his celebration against United was a bit dickish but united had been giving him all sorts of abuse. Lots of his stuff is pretty funny too - doing an eagle celebration scoring at palace is just downright witty.

Kohli regularly goes after umpires and fellow pros, and has a list of offences in Indian cricket that demonstrates that he acts as if he's above the game. He'll regularly get in the face of opponents, regularly complains to umpires and has pissed off some really decent people both in India and internationally. No one has ever fallen out with Anil Kumble, yet he managed it. Sehwag also calls him out. He also regularly falls out with his own teammates. He spent most of the tour of South Africa complaining about a biased media and claiming corruption against DRS. He's very much in the klopp / Mourinho mould and I'm no great fans of them. It's the arrogance that goes with it too, he's clearly been a great batsmen and is an absolute hero in India but there's not much class in his behaviour to be honest - the way he behaves will influence an entire nation if not world. Some of the stuff he's doing really isn't setting a great example for kids in how to play the game. There's no humour about him, it's just all in your face aggresion, he's a cricketer not a UFC fighter FFS.

:clap:

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nice to see you acknowledge something positive about him ;)

Can't argue he's a top player, but he's also been rubbish for a few years and barely averages 30 in the last 3.

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Or Jamie Vardy... 

Well said…

plus we have had,a few of our own…

Though the English have been a bit more subtle…

2 terrible performances by England. Even with key players missing they should be competing better than that. You can lose the odd game of T20 by 50 runs but to lose 2 running like that is worrying, even against a full strength India team. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

2 terrible performances by England. Even with key players missing they should be competing better than that. You can lose the odd game of T20 by 50 runs but to lose 2 running like that is worrying, even against a full strength India team. 

Roy had a face like a slapped arse all game, you just knew he was getting out cheaply.  That said, some bloody impressive bowling from India. The balance is wrong, should be better once Bairstow and Stokes are back.  Livingstone coming in too early for me, he should be there to destroy the change bowlers.