Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

The criminal thing about the schedule is just how boring it's all got. The 'Big Three' really are fvcking the sport and will ultimately end up fvcking themselves too when people get fed up of them playing each other so regularly.

Why not have more series like the Netherlands one, for example? Fans get to go somewhere different, squad can be rotated and the profile of cricket gets raised in a different country.

It is a loss, but i'm pleased these players like Stokes and Morgan aren't being selfish, we have so much talent available to be selected that it makes sense to give them a chance sooner rather than later.

Be interesting to see who plays the other two South Africa games in his place.

I think T20 is the weakest format for Stokes so that probably should have been the one to go but with a world cup on the horizon he probably isn't going to jack that in and the money he gets from IPL. 

Not ideal for Buttler to have to fill gaps left by Morgan and Stokes so soon into his captaincy. 

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

The criminal thing about the schedule is just how boring it's all got. The 'Big Three' really are fvcking the sport and will ultimately end up fvcking themselves too when people get fed up of them playing each other so regularly.

Why not have more series like the Netherlands one, for example? Fans get to go somewhere different, squad can be rotated and the profile of cricket gets raised in a different country.

Because even in cricket now, money talks. 

Cricket, much like Union, needs to balance its excessive need for hard cash with developing and maintaining the game. The latter of this if they do it properly eventually leads into financial benefit. Competitive international tournaments will always be the biggest seller of tickets and TV rights. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Bet you could field 3 strong (England) test/odi/t20 sides without the same player being used more than once 

Test:
Lees

Crawley 

Pope 

Root

Stokes

Bairstow

Foakes (wk)

Robinson 

Broad

Anderson 

Leach 

ODI:

Roy 

Buttler (wk)

Malan

Brook 

Livingstone

Moeen

S Curran 

Woakes

Rashid

Potts

Wood

T20:

Vince

Hales

Billings (wk)

Salt

Banton 

Willey

M Parkinson

Jordan

Carse

Topley

Archer 

Then you’ve got both Overtons, T Curran, Dawson, Mahmood, Stone, Lawrence, to name a few….

Edited by Bert

16 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

https://stumple.me/

Pretty fun game that.

Think I remember doing this a few times but then stopped after a while. 

#Stumple 119 🏏 - 6/8

🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

https://stumple.me

5 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

#Stumple 119 🏏 - 2/8

🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The first guess was an accident and then the answer sprang to mind (well him or one other)

#Stumple 119 🏏 - 3/8

🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I think your other guess might have been the same as mine for some reason!