Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

22 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Awful wasn't it 😂 got it was a Sri Lankan early on then went through their entire noughties batting line up and still didn't 

I knew of the player but would have had to Google it to get it!

What poor cricket….

or they England are proving, who are not the players to take us forward…

Roy…where’s his mojo…..?

Butler…best white ball batsman…lost his mojo

Malan…just not hitting form

Bairstow…he’s got nobody to back him up..

Livingstone…he’s getting enough chances

Ali………….drifted again..,,Still a top bowler with Rashid

*Curran…..Just not that innings decider Ball/Batsman

*Willey……10yr…??   Not the man..!!

*Jordan…..great fielder,no longer the man to go to..!

Rashid…..under too much pressure, too early!

*Topley,Gleeson, the rest..All either injury prone,or not consistent…

our top men like Archer,etc are never available…

Top 5-6 Batsman….have just not deliverered…

Fringe or Livingstone are not paying off..

Is this a safe space to talk about the even shorter form of cricket being played in August this year? lol 

Have to say I was shocked to see how many games had sold out (in big grounds) on weekends already.

A poster above commenting about 'ECB losing so many kids due to selling to sky'... you're absolutely right but they might just be roping a few back in with the Hundred BBC coverage and sell out games.

Got to admit I didn't HATE watching it last year, still not entirely sure it's needed but found it watchable, mainly due to how into it the players were getting I think (and being on paternity leave lol)

Almost scared to admit on here but I'm taking my 5 year old to Old Trafford on Friday. He's not shown any interest in cricket, or any sport for that matter lol, but he's free so thought I'd give it a go. Tickets £18 each for me and the Mrs too (who has also never been to a cricket match before and I'm sure will be bored shitless). However for the value, I'm expecting a decent nights entertainment, hopefully weather plays ball. No interest in who wins, just want an evening of light-hearted fun and that's exactly what they want. 

There is a wider issue of course, and they shouldn't have had to create a new format to do it, but its definitely attracted families to give it a go. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

There is a wider issue of course, and they shouldn't have had to create a new format to do it, but its definitely attracted families to give it a go. 

This is the kicker for me, if you watch Freddie's cricket documentary on iPlayer at the minute, the striking thing was barely any of the lads knowing a thing about cricket (or indeed Freddie). Also the stigma about cricket being a posh sport, I fell they've made the 100 look as approachable as possible to counteract this.

Something like this, even if it's only around for 4 years until T20 gets franchised (innevitable no??) could really get people interested in playing and watching longer more traditional forms of the game.