Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Trent Boult agreeing to an early release from his central contract because there is simply too much cricket 

In other words, I want to spend more time with my family but I'm not giving up my IPL contract....

Time away from home in Cricket is more the issue than actually playing games I'd imagine but sadly (not that I blame them) players are going to reduce international cricket ahead of everything else. 

12 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

In other words, I want to spend more time with my family but I'm not giving up my IPL contract....

Time away from home in Cricket is more the issue than actually playing games I'd imagine but sadly (not that I blame them) players are going to reduce international cricket ahead of everything else. 

Don't really blame in that respect. It's as if you say a shame that its international cricket which gets the brunt. 

Numerous Sports are in this constant cycle of where they think more competitions, more sport, more TV deal is the answer to the problems. Less is more; people would appreciate good sport over average sport with 2nd rate players. IMO we aren't far off the limit of the TV deal and I don't think streaming platforms are the answer either. The cow has been milked 

• Like 1

So we're now shunting the actual Ashes in order to prioritise The Fvcking Hundred. The ECB are going to die on this hill and cricket in this country is going to die with it.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/cricket/ashes-hundred-england-australia-cricket-27714318

Hope the Test stars on whose behalf they're apparently doing this pie it off.

• Like 1

Interesting. Rehan was down as Trent Rockets wildcard at the start of the tournament but he’s starting for Southern Brave tonight. 

My mistake, was Ben Mike for Trent I think 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Zak Crawley and his fully deserved continued selection...... Glad to see his average of 24 in the Championship is rewarded. Compton and Bell Drummond in the same side average over double what he does, and for some real perspective he's averaging less than Parkinson and Ben Mike with the bat

My boss has just said “5 minute warning lads” so we are sat in the staff room with the cricket on and I said “What about we get up next time England lose a wicket” literally next ball Crawley gets out lol