Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

Inevitable. Stokes will probably smash 200 now and everything will be justified but I don't think you can ever have success long term without a reliable top 4. 

Top order batting in test cricket is the hardest aspect of the game, in bowler friendly conditions but you still have to be better in defence. Pope somehow gets runs despite looking like he can get out at any point. 

• Like 1

:dunno: The new coaching and attitude resulted in this team chasing down four 250+ targets, one being the largest in England history made to look like a walk in the park and another with 22 overs to spare when only 72 were available to begin with, after a horrendous losing streak stretching back quite a while.

Speaking personally I'm perfectly happy with "Bazball" at the present time (or more accurately the mentality driving it) even if it does go horribly Pete Tong in this particular match.

Edited by leicsmac

21 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

:dunno: The new coaching and attitude resulted in this team chasing down four 250+ targets, one being the largest in England history made to look like a walk in the park and another with 22 overs to spare when only 72 were available to begin with, after a horrendous losing streak stretching back quite a while.

Speaking personally I'm perfectly happy with "Bazball" at the present time (or more accurately the mentality driving it) even if it does go horribly Pete Tong in this particular match.

Yeah I get that . It made for thrilling cricket and I won’t give up on it yet but it probably needs to be tempered with some pragmatism. SAfrica’s attack is a lot better than NZ but their batting is pretty average and if England could keep their best pacemen fit for more than one match at a time I would expect to see us come back strongly away from Lords where most oppo sides find inspiration and SA had overwhelmingly the best conditions when they bowled and batted 

Crawley has to go though . Just not doing it at the moment or earlier in the Summer at any level 

Edited by surrifox

2 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Yeah I get that . It made for thrilling cricket and I won’t give up on it yet but it probably needs to be tempered with some pragmatism. SAfrica’s attack is a lot better than NZ but their batting is pretty average and if England could keep their best pacemen fit for more than one match at a time I would expect to see us come back strongly away from Lords where most oppo sides find inspiration and SA had overwhelmingly the best conditions when they bowled and batted 

It being tempered with pragmatism is how we get the safe losing England team of the past couple of years imo. Fair points on the Saffers and the England bowlers being horrific with fitness though.

Emphatic victory for SA. 

They're underestimated. Their bowling attack has so much depth and potential. Jansen, Rabada, Ngidi, Nortje all under 30 so have plenty of years left in them. Phelukwayo and Olivier not even in this line-up and they're 30 or under. 

Seems like they've gone through their own transition period, or just about to end it. And should now need to be taken seriously.

54 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Emphatic victory for SA. 

They're underestimated. Their bowling attack has so much depth and potential. Jansen, Rabada, Ngidi, Nortje all under 30 so have plenty of years left in them. Phelukwayo and Olivier not even in this line-up and they're 30 or under. 

Seems like they've gone through their own transition period, or just about to end it. And should now need to be taken seriously.

Said back on the West Indies tour Rabada, Jansen and Ngidi would run through this lot. Still think their batting line up isn't quite as good as it has been but bowling is superb.

• Like 1