Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

I know its convenient to come out and say this now but I agree with whichever cricketer said (and have this way felt right since the start) that this sort of cricket isn't sustainable. If its gets the results then cool, but it could get pretty ugly if we go on a streak of defeats playing like this. Wonder what odds you'd get on McCullum not being here in 12-18 months.

11 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I know its convenient to come out and say this now but I agree with whichever cricketer said (and have this way felt right since the start) that this sort of cricket isn't sustainable. If its gets the results then cool, but it could get pretty ugly if we go on a streak of defeats playing like this. Wonder what odds you'd get on McCullum not being here in 12-18 months.

Whilst they continue to pick dross on matters other than form and ability shown at County level, they'll lose regardless just in a slower more painful fashion. 

9 hours ago, Stinky said:

A lot of it was Bairstow in a ridiculous run of form remember. Take his knocks out and England probably only win one.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

A lot of it was Bairstow in a ridiculous run of form remember. Take his knocks out and England probably only win one.

Yeah i don't want to be all "Yeah we won our first four matches but..."  but we didn't particularly dominate any of them.  From memory we we were on the back foot in most if not all of them but impressively came back to win most of them fairly comfortably 

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Seems Crawley will stay in the team.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/62609719

Guess the management have to support and back him in public .

Different tactically with a new coach but same old sh** selections. It's genuinely like having a few 20 goal a season strikers knocking about but taking Sam Surridge to the World Cup

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Keeping Crawley in is almost cruel now. Will do more damage than good.

They'll end up sending him back to Kent at some point, for him to average below 30 for them and then recall him anyway.

Also how long do we persist with Lees? Can't make up my mind on him, swaying towards thinking he's not up to it either