Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

South Africa probably favourites to win from here, ridiculous we've let this slip.

Not sure about that.

It's only going to be a 'day 3' pitch tomorrow. England have good form chasing any total these days. 

I think it'll be a close finish. I can't call it.

On 10/09/2022 at 15:46, Super_horns said:

And Lees?

We might as well start with 2 down .

Who has been the best opener since Strauss then Cook retired?

Probably a case of who has been least worse !!

I would say probably Burns. I actually thought he was decent.

Can see it now, Crawley gets a nicely made 50 in a small chase which grants him another 6 months in the team. I'd like to see Duckett given another crack at it at the top.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Osavo said:

I would say probably Burns. I actually thought he was decent.

Can see it now, Crawley gets a nicely made 50 in a small chase which grants him another 6 months in the team. I'd like to see Duckett given another crack at it at the top.

Yes - had a funny way of batting but got runs at times.

Some seem to have got longer than others like Crawley has.

Others basically got dropped after a series against the Aussies or something.

Zak attack!

Pleased for Crawley who has taken a lot of stick this summer even if it has been deserved. Once he gets himself in and set he is capable of playing some beautiful shots. Lees looks less capable and has avoided a lot of criticism this summer as most of the attention has been focused on his fellow opener.

England will win the Test and the series tomorrow and whilst it’s been a brilliant summer of cricket there are still major question marks. Both openers don’t look like they’re up to playing at this level and we are still relying heavily on Broad and Anderson although Robinson looks world class and Matty Potts has shown that he could become world class.

Stokes is annoying me too at the moment. Chucking his wicket away playing stupid shots.

Edited by Warks_Mackem

10 hours ago, Warks_Mackem said:

Zak attack!

Pleased for Crawley who has taken a lot of stick this summer even if it has been deserved. Once he gets himself in and set he is capable of playing some beautiful shots. Lees looks less capable and has avoided a lot of criticism this summer as most of the attention has been focused on his fellow opener.

England will win the Test and the series tomorrow and whilst it’s been a brilliant summer of cricket there are still major question marks. Both openers don’t look like they’re up to playing at this level and we are still relying heavily on Broad and Anderson although Robinson looks world class and Matty Potts has shown that he could become world class.

Stokes is annoying me too at the moment. Chucking his wicket away playing stupid shots.

Both are pretty poor, but at least Lees averages over 30 in first class cricket

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Both are pretty poor, but at least Lees averages over 30 in first class cricket

I’m a Durham fan and watched a fair bit of Lees at the start of the season. He looks a cut above in the Championship but it’s quite staggering how big the gap is between County Cricket and the Test arena.

As much as I want Lees to succeed for England a tiny selfish part of me wants to see him play for and captain Durham next year as we’ve had a shocking 2022.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Warks_Mackem said:

I’m a Durham fan and watched a fair bit of Lees at the start of the season. He looks a cut above in the Championship but it’s quite staggering how big the gap is between County Cricket and the Test arena.

As much as I want Lees to succeed for England a tiny selfish part of me wants to see him play for and captain Durham next year as we’ve had a shocking 2022.

What's the story with Ned Eckersley? I'm sure someone in the Leicestershire thread would know but whilst I'm talking to a Durham fan. Not long ago I could swear he was playing regularly for you guys then he popped up on comms for one of our games.