Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

Anyone going to the One Day final Saturday?

Got tickets regardless of teams, obviously hoped at the time it would be us given how it had been going. Only £25 which is rare for a 50 over final and down the road from me.

Two good sides anyway, imagine Lancashire will have some big hitters back and having seen their one day bowling this season i'd make them heavy favourites.

However Kent are well organised and always pretty solid!

11 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

More revamping of the county game .

Less 4 day games and the One day cup having a FA cup feel with Minor Counties brought back in .

The Hundred getting its own slot in the calendar with no other distractions- not even a test match in August next year ,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/62985372

Being talked about in the Leicestershire thread but obviously the wider implications for pro cricket are not good. The ECB are sacrificing absolutely everything in order to get The Hundred going. It's absolutely appalling and the national team will suffer in all formats.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Sad 1

Just hope that the thousands of kids who are members of county sides get value for money and cricket available in the summer holidays. They miss out on enough during term time. A shame the one day league stopped years ago denying fans good cricket, mainly on Sundays.

The treatment of county supporters has been terrible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Caught a bit of a CPL game earlier and some South African lad called Brevis looked phenomenal. Back end of their innings, he scored 30 from 6 balls. Absolutely launching Akeal Hosein which is good going.

Watched him at the under 19 world cup and he was impressive. Him and Tristan Stubbs look to be the AB replacements for South Africa. Some talent.

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Osavo said:

Babar and Rizwan, very very impressive. Babar in good touch is terrific to watch :appl:

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Overall got to be the best batsman in the world, sensational across all formats

Yep, seems to be in form of his life. Superb player. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Being talked about in the Leicestershire thread but obviously the wider implications for pro cricket are not good. The ECB are sacrificing absolutely everything in order to get The Hundred going. It's absolutely appalling and the national team will suffer in all formats.

I can honestly say I’ve never watched one game of the hundred. It’s elitist and selective. Cannot stand it. 

• Like 1

It's within the laws of the game, but in the spirit of the game I think the bowler should not go through with the delivery, warn the batter, then it's fair enough to mankad them all you want.

Poor.

Edited by Vacamion
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

It's within the laws of the game, but in the spirit of the game I think the bowler should not go through with the delivery, warn the batter, then it's fair enough to mankad them all you want.

Poor.

Agree. Such a crappy way to win (or lose) a game. At least warn the batter first that they are backing up too far.

• Like 2