Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

If it was Ireland / Scotland / Aussies having done  it people would be saying how plucky and innovative the dismissal was.

Its India, it's an outrage and disgrace.

Pretty pathetic really, but not surprising.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

But it's India. They must be hated for doing  something not illegal lol

Change minds about what? It's a cricket law, not an India law lol

Any cricketer has always been able to do it. Its not and never has been exclusive to India? 

You battered Ashwin for the Buttler one, what's changed your mind between it being legal and previously berating him for it being unsportsmanlike. 

Agree on another post of yours about the laws being the real issue rather than those committing it. 

3 minutes ago, Raj said:

If it was Ireland / Scotland / Aussies having done  it people would be saying how plucky and innovative the dismissal was.

I don't think they would, I think the Australians in particular would get battered for it and they'd also get the "see how they like it" comments as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You battered Ashwin for the Buttler one, what's changed your mind between it being legal and previously berating him for it being unsportsmanlike. 

Agree on another post of yours about the laws being the real issue rather than those committing it. 

I don't think I did? I think I'd have said the same in that its within the laws. 

51 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

What has it got to do with racism? India are being criticised, rightly or wrongly, because they were the ones that did it. 

It's quite clear to see there's some same old members that jumped on this with great predictability. 

13 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I don't think they would, I think the Australians in particular would get battered for it and they'd also get the "see how they like it" comments as well.

That's YOUR opinion though.

We will see if in a few years it happens in a final and England do it to  India to win...doubt anyone or any  media outlet will even mention it!!!

It is what it is though...

Edited by Raj

1 minute ago, Raj said:

That's YOUR opinion though.

We will see if in a few years it happens in a final and England do it to  India to win...doubtvanyone or media outlet will even mention it!!!

Yeah I doubt English media would mention if England did it, but you'll probably find the rest of the cricketing world would take issue with any of the big 3 doing something similar.

7 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Just because its not against the rules doesn't mean it isn't very muggy. There's a reason you don't see it in every game, which you would if everybody did it.

I get that it's not 'in the spirit of the game' but the law was changed recently to make it less 'muggy' but still legal. What Sharma did yesterday was fine within the rule change. Fine to do it in the last stride of your run up. All Dean needed to do was keep her bat in the crease a second more and there'd be no uproar. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

It was a genuine question by the way not a dig

20220925_163607.png

20220925_163546.png

9 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Digging up? You mean typing in the word mankad and finding something I could remember 😂 

Fair. It's still within the laws though regardless. Not sure it's a battering of Ashwin, mind lol

1 hour ago, Raj said:

The Australians are our biggest cricket rivals, the reaction would be much bigger had it involved them.

India are the biggest cricketing nation and that brings both huge support and interest and also dislike. No different to the reaction Man Utd got for 20 years in football.

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Thats bollocks and you know it.

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think @Raj is right to an extent. For the vast majority of posters active in this topic, there's no problem at all. But minority or 2-3 do seem to jump on an anti-India feeling. Which is a shame because again for the most part, it's a good place to discuss a sport we all love or take an interest in. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think @Raj is right to an extent. For the vast majority of posters active in this topic, there's no problem at all. But minority or 2-3 do seem to jump on an anti-India feeling. Which is a shame because again for the most part, it's a good place to discuss a sport we all love or take an interest in. 

Stans Nailed it.

Same boring anti indian sentiment.

Its predictable and tedious.

Edited by Raj

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

In the way that people jump on Manchester United or Liverpool. 

There's no reason to suggest they're racist.