Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

Just now, Lionator said:

Anyone know the law regarding the Bowled on the free hit? I can’t recall a situation like that before. 

The only way you can be dismissed on a free hit is run out. Did the right thing in running. 

Edited by Bert

Just now, Lionator said:

Anyone know the law regarding the Bowled on the free hit? I can’t recall a situation like that before. 

Dead ball when the WK picked the stump out. I don't know why he didn't take it out straight away. Seemed to delay. 

Never seen it before either. 

Very lucky to get that no-ball, remember that has to be above waist height in his normal batting stance , he came down the wicket a long way, by the time it had got to his original stance that could have easy been below waist height, can understand Pakistan being a bit aggrieved. Why didn't they look at a replay before giving the decision. Brilliant game though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, steve555 said:

Very lucky to get that no-ball, remember that has to be above waist height in his normal batting stance , he came down the wicket a long way, by the time it had got to his original stance that could have easy been below waist height, can understand Pakistan being a bit aggrieved. Why didn't they look at a replay before giving the decision. Brilliant game though.

I think it just about qualifies as a no ball. Just above waist height. 

Trying not to be biased! 

38 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think it just about qualifies as a no ball. Just above waist height. 

Trying not to be biased! 

I think the one earlier in the over looked slightly higher, although that batsman was also a long way down the pitch. Think the umpire gave the second one because he didn't give the first one. Still think given the importance of the situation he should have asked for a side on replay.

Didn’t deserve a thing.

Fine margins,if they had played out the over the way Moeen was batting.we probably would have won.Although that would have been unfair on Ireland.

Such a shame that games don’t run there course.South Africa only had to step on the square the other day to win on DL and didn’t get to.

• Like 2