Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

10 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Guess the powers that be will hope for an India v Pakistan final or if us v New Zealand an exciting final like in 2019.

I just hope there's just good cricket all round to be honest! 

Regardless of who's in it. 

My gut instinct is that it'll be NZ vs England. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Sri Lanka's Danushka Gunathilaka suspended after allegedly raping a woman in Sydney last week just after the England game:o :(

Arrested after the England game, the alledged offences were during the week before. He was injured anyway wasn't he, but stayed out with the squad.

On 07/11/2022 at 01:31, leicsmac said:

If Pakistans bowling attack shows up then it'll get interesting, otherwise NZ should make the final.

England-India...well, that's too close to call IMO. Will come down to who has the better day at the office.

Time for India to misfire...

Time for Rashid to refind mojo

Time for  England's batters N03,4,5 to hold firm..

Time for Woakes to go up a notch which we know he can...

Time for our openers to hit their straps & prove their greatness

Time we had a two game run of both no collapses - & our bowlers finding their lengths - plus fielders have 2 field days..

Not too much to ask is it...!  :)

Very good from Pakistan. Rizwan and Babar have properly arrived! 

Reminds me of ICC trophy 2017. 

India vs Pakistan as one of the first games. India win. 

Pakistan return and respond admirably, and then make it to the final to play India. 

Although I don't think lightning will strike twice as I think England will win tomorrow. 

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Very good from Pakistan. Rizwan and Babar have properly arrived! 

Reminds me of ICC trophy 2017. 

India vs Pakistan as one of the first games. India win. 

Pakistan return and respond admirably, and then make it to the final to play India. 

Although I don't think lightning will strike twice as I think England will win tomorrow. 

A lot of it will come down to Kohli tomorrow IMO. He can take the game away from England purely by himself. Get him cheaply, however, and England are much more likely winners.

Just now, leicsmac said:

A lot of it will come down to Kohli tomorrow IMO. He can take the game away from England purely by himself. Get him cheaply, however, and England are much more likely winners.

I think him and Yadav are of equal measure, especially in this tournament so far. 

Rahul has come back well from criticism, Sharma has been underwhelming. 

I think it's gonna be a cracker of a game either way. Just hope there's no controversy! 

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think him and Yadav are of equal measure, especially in this tournament so far. 

Rahul has come back well from criticism, Sharma has been underwhelming. 

I think it's gonna be a cracker of a game either way. Just hope there's no controversy! 

Fair enough, though speaking as an outsider I think Kohli has the inspirational quality that few others have.

As for the bolded, imagine the scene: India chasing, two to win and one to tie off the final ball, Kohli at nonstrikers end. Curran rolls in...and Mankads him. Everyone goes nuts, and Curran just turns to Kohli and says, quietly...

"That was for Charlie."

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Fair enough, though speaking as an outsider I think Kohli has the inspirational quality that few others have.

As for the bolded, imagine the scene: India chasing, two to win and one to tie off the final ball, Kohli at nonstrikers end. Curran rolls in...and Mankads him. Everyone goes nuts, and Curran just turns to Kohli and says, quietly...

"That was for Charlie."

I purposely avoided speaking about Mankadding lol

• Haha 1