Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

21 hours ago, The boy Linacre said:

Top 20-40

Hi stats aren't brilliant batting average 34 and some, 190+ wickets.  Suspect on his own Botham won more test matches and think Freddie is on a par with Stokes.  Its just when Stokes has done it, its been truly phenomenal, the 250+ against SA, the stand with Leach etc. at Headingley in 2019.

Swings and roundabouts BUT his captaincy and approach might have dragged others to perhaps 3 wins in the last 7 on top of what we would have won anyway.

TMS were talking about Stokes winning the MOM for his approach to try and win the test on a slab of concrete.

On the minus side did throw away a T20 World Cup final with 4 successive 6 balls!!!

Wrong with the minus…!!  If there is no surge of development & sportsman stay still,then one can count that as a minus..this was where Stokes had lift off…!!

23 hours ago, Manini said:

Say his captaincy stint actually produces as much as it’s promising so far, where does Stokes rank in terms of England’s greatest ever players? 

Let him finish his career first..but he’s walking the walk,at the moment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

Gaining a reputation as somebody who just seems to accumulate wickets. He could end up with a fair few. 

I guess with all our up and coming bowlers, the real test is when we actually have to say bye to Anderson and Broad and these guys go from being secondary to primary focus.

I'm delighted with how Baz Ball has started and pleased Jimmy is still going, can't help but think we're still none the wiser as to how we will look without Jimmy though. It would have been a massive call but perhaps using this tour as a 'life without Jimmy' trial wouldn't have been the worst idea.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I guess with all our up and coming bowlers, the real test is when we actually have to say bye to Anderson and Broad and these guys go from being secondary to primary focus.

I'm delighted with how Baz Ball has started and pleased Jimmy is still going, can't help but think we're still none the wiser as to how we will look without Jimmy though. It would have been a massive call but perhaps using this tour as a 'life without Jimmy' trial wouldn't have been the worst idea.

Fair enough call but he's still too big of a player to phase out while he's still fit. Plus, can you imagine his rage at being denied the chance to play his first ever Test in Pakistan. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

A bit like in the West Indies earlier in the year when they were heavily criticised for it lol