Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

On 18/12/2022 at 10:55, Osavo said:

Incredibly tough one. Two options imo, Bairstow in for Foakes and he keeps, or Bairstow in for Duckett/Crawley and push Brook up to open (which I think he used to do as a youngster). 

Personally, I marginally prefer the former, though it's very harsh on Foakes.

You can’t take Foakes out. 

With how aggressive we bat, let Bairstow open. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

He signed a contract until 2026. Unless a club side is willing to buy him out, he’s going to be a Leicestershire player for at least another few seasons at least, at which point he’ll hopefully be on a central contract. 

County clubs aren’t going to be spending up to half a million pounds to buy out a player who won’t be playing much anyway. 

The ECB will help them out with that. 

Because it was so comfortable, you forget what an achievement a 3-0 win in Pakistan is. 

Forcing results on flat pitches is great trait to have. 

Pakistan aren't the best, particularly their bowling so 2023 will be a much bigger challenge against New Zealand, Australia and India away next Christmas. 

If we are still winning like this by then it will be something else. 

Duckett has taken his chance, but remains to be seen if he can do it elsewhere. Can we produce the same against Southee/Boult, Hazelwood/Starc/Cummins. Remains to be seen. 

I actually quite like the steadily increasing difficulty curve coming up in the next year. NZ away to Aus at home to India away, which is probably the ultimate challenge.

I do think that this team in current mindset have the capability of giving a damn good go for all three.

5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Because it was so comfortable, you forget what an achievement a 3-0 win in Pakistan is. 

Forcing results on flat pitches is great trait to have. 

Pakistan aren't the best, particularly their bowling so 2023 will be a much bigger challenge against New Zealand, Australia and India away next Christmas. 

If we are still winning like this by then it will be something else. 

Duckett has taken his chance, but remains to be seen if he can do it elsewhere. Can we produce the same against Southee/Boult, Hazelwood/Starc/Cummins. Remains to be seen. 

Scott Boland as well..... how do Australia seem to have this thing of bringing lads in later on in their careers and they turn out to be outrageous.

34 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Why has Rehan not been called up for the NZ test squad?

Protecting him maybe from too much cricket ?

From BBC:

“As part of Ahmed's management for this winter, the 18-year-old will go to the UAE T20 League in January with a view to joining up with England's white-ball team in Bangladesh in March”

They did that with Matt Potts - played in the summer but not in Pakistan- now back  in the squad.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

On 20/12/2022 at 06:42, when_you're_smiling said:

Incredible England had only won twice in Pakistan before this series. Romped to a 3-0 win.

No it was the norm for 70yrs… with various mitigating circumstances & an odd individual Test win,but lose/draw series..

The 3-0 win is incredible…( or I misunderstood you)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Why has Rehan not been called up for the NZ test squad?

Never expected him to,

Had a great tour,he will cherish,but his career has to be monitored.The next 2 yrs will see him nursed into the set up & still not reaching his 21st Birthday..

• Like 1

Seems very sensible management of Rehan. 

Although the talk of playing in the UAE league and then joining the white ball set up for March makes me think he wont be quite as available for us at the start of the season as some are expecting! 

Surprised to see Lawrence back in the squad, other than that looks a pretty straightforward selection. Seam bowling looks strong with Anderson, Broad, Potts, Robinson and Stone. We really do have a strong array of seamers at the moment, with Archer, Wood, Woakes, Mahmood, Overton and SCurran to consider as well.

5 hours ago, Osavo said:

Surprised to see Lawrence back in the squad, other than that looks a pretty straightforward selection. Seam bowling looks strong with Anderson, Broad, Potts, Robinson and Stone. We really do have a strong array of seamers at the moment, with Archer, Wood, Woakes, Mahmood, Overton and SCurran to consider as well.

Indeed. Lawrence doesn't get into that middle order too strong also can't understand why Jennings was dropped? Jacks isn't a test player for me.

2 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Indeed. Lawrence doesn't get into that middle order too strong also can't understand why Jennings was dropped? Jacks isn't a test player for me.

I was also coming on to ask why Jennings has been dropped, still feels really odd he wasn't given that 3rd test against Pakistan.