Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Great match in the BBL.

Hobart set Adelaide 230 to win.

Matt Short hit 100 in return for Adelaide to set up their win, and they had 3 balls spare too.

Some great performances in BBL over the years, that knock by Maxwell last year probably the best I've seen though.

15 hours ago, Corky said:

Dean Elgar saying South Africa won't be playing enough Test cricket.

Hopefully more will stand up for the format.

I think a lot of voices from the smaller nations are, the problem is they're drowned out by India, Australia and, shamefully, England too.

The problem is those three are creating a cricket schedule that is eventually only going to end up boring fans in their own countries, as well as around the world. The need to realise this sooner rather than later.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Talking of BBL did everyone see the catch by Michael Neser the other day?

It was given out, right?

I think that was the right decision to give it out. The ball is beyond the rope, as is he. The difference from other catches that aren't given out is that the ball is thrown back in before the player touches the ground beyond the rope/outside the field of play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It was given out, right?

I think that was the right decision to give it out. The ball is beyond the rope, as is he. The difference from other catches that aren't given out is that the ball is thrown back in before the player touches the ground beyond the rope/outside the field of play.

Yeah it was, also agree it's the correct call, I think it caused a bit more controversy then other similar catches because Silk was going so well and it was a pretty tight match. 

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Pakistan vs NZ has been a good series to watch. Good pitches for batting, surprisingly for Asian wickets. 

Another close finish in this final test. Pakistan need 76 more to win after NZ declared yesterday setting 319.

As with the Australia and England tours they've clearly prepared wickets to ensure as much play as possible with teams touring for the first time in however long.