Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

27 minutes ago, Corky said:

I see India were playing New Zealand today. Weren't they playing Sri Lanka earlier this week? 

Cannot keep up with all this.

Yeah it's a shed load of cricket!

Shubman Gill seems to be hitting some good form. Double-ton today. A couple of good knocks and a ton against SL in T20s & ODIs.

Played SL on Sunday, but both series at home so it's not totally out of the ordinary, but the volume of cricket seems relentless these days. 

13 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Hales going well again, Rehan struggling a bit, although Rehan has had a pretty good tournament so far. Hales has looked pretty much unstoppable though. Some big names in this competition, been a good watch

Didn't know this was on bt, been watching the South African one on sky. Just stuck it on, are they pumping out crowd noise in the stadium? Sounds like an ipl game and there's about 10 people there.

5 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Didn't know this was on bt, been watching the South African one on sky. Just stuck it on, are they pumping out crowd noise in the stadium? Sounds like an ipl game and there's about 10 people there.

Yeah they've not really advertised it, I thought it was just some random league they'd picked up, you'd think they'd give it more attention with the standard of player playing in this. Not sure on the crowd noise as usually have it on fairly low as I'm not a massive fan of Niall O'Brien on comms, always sounds like his excitement is very put on.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

36 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Scoring 342 with half the regular team out and not really firing well anyway. I think we take just how good this England team is for granted sometimes.

Said it before but remember when the likes of Michael Yardy getting picked was seen as being adventurous and exciting.

12 hours ago, Lionator said:

I don’t want to say England have been found out at this format but teams have definitely figured out that to beat us, you have to be more aggressive in bowling and batting. When you have players like Nortje, Bavuma and Miller you can do that.

Agreed, teams are raising their own levels to match.

I'd still back this England team to defend 342 against all comers 9 times out of 10, though.

21 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

England 20-3 after 10 overs, 40-3 after 15 overs, 102-3 off 25 overs...

Now 311-4 and still three and a bit overs to go.

Phenomenal recovery and control by Buttler and Malan. And a standard cameo from Ali. 

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Phenomenal recovery and control by Buttler and Malan. And a standard cameo from Ali. 

That why - even though other teams are catching up - this England team is still likely the one to beat in this format.

346 in the end. 244 runs off the last 25 overs, incredible.

21 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Adds another dimension to the attack if he's fit for The Ashes, although I'd love to see him in an away Ashes series.

His red ball workload needs managing miles better if the latter's to happen. He was bowled to death before simply because he's as capable controlling run rate as he is in an attacking capacity.