Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

How much of a sickener was that for Ireland the other day? Score nearly 500 first dig and still lose by an innings!

Reminds me of one of the tests back in 2016-17 in India. England post 500+ first innings, India then go make 750 odd and bowl England out for peanuts in the second innings.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Reminds me of one of the tests back in 2016-17 in India. England post 500+ first innings, India then go make 750 odd and bowl England out for peanuts in the second innings.

Actually, looking at the stats, they didn't post 500+, but did make 400+ and lost by an innings in both the 4th and 5th Tests.

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Made 131 in the end .

Not a bad effort considering the situation they were in.

Definitely. Excellent recovery. Aman Khan especially, getting a 50 in that situation.

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

South Africa make it to the World Cup thanks to the British weather but not sure Ireland would have won 3-0 tbh .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/65539824

There’s only 5 months to go and there’s still no schedule for the competition which I find incredible. 

South Africa will be relieved after dropping out of those Aussie games. They actually have a decent ODI team these days. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, leicsmac said:

The BCCI is such a financial behemoth compared to all the others, it's almost unreal.

FB_IMG_1683696634412.jpg

This looks insane but I bet if you look at revenue and income, India makes far more than 38.5% of it. I’d be willing to bet it’s over 50% of all worldwide cricketing income. 

16 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Foakes dropped for Bairstow too, while Crawley obviously remains indispensable.

What a joke.

Hoping they are just checking on Bairstow form/fitness ahead of the Ashes? I expect both of them to be in that squad surely??

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Hoping they are just checking on Bairstow form/fitness ahead of the Ashes? I expect both of them to be in that squad surely??

Feels to me like they're priming us for Bairstow to keep permanently. Realistically you could only drop Crawley or Foakes for him in the current line-up.

Good response by Surrey...

Really frustrating we can't find an opener from the very strong middle order set and thus having to leave a top player out. Foakes should be in the side.

To be honest I think any of them would be better than Crawley so put anyone to open and get Foakes and Bairstow in the team.

15 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Anyone see Crawley say he thinks some of the criticism he has received is unwarranted. Then discusses his failing in International cricket, like he's been racking up County Championship runs every year.

He must have something on the selectors or Rob Key tbh.

I