Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

10 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Boland is outrageous isn't he

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

That Boland wicket going to be giving England some anxiety (and a reasonable amount of PTSD.)

Very good bowler. 

Their pace attack in general is so good. Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood and Boland. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Boland definitely went to the Glenn McGrath School of Metronomics.

That being said, I reckon England have taken on equally talented bowlers in home conditions in recent times, so we'll see.

Well according to Stuart Broad he only took 6/7 because everyone was sad about COVID and it didn't really count so I'm sure you're going to smash 'em now pal.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Well according to Stuart Broad he only took 6/7 because everyone was sad about COVID and it didn't really count so I'm sure you're going to smash 'em now pal.

Ah, Broady and his ego (which is so big it's pretty much an entire other organism).

That being said, though the Aussie attack is obviously damn good, I don't think England should - or will - change their new style of play because of it.

7 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Ah, Broady and his ego (which is so big it's pretty much an entire other organism).

That being said, though the Aussie attack is obviously damn good, I don't think England should - or will - change their new style of play because of it.

I'm sure you won't. You're one of the best teams in the world, they're one of the best teams in the world. Nobody really knows who will win, that's why it'll be a fun series.

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Cant see the aussies not beating us, but I always think that.:D

Twelve months ago I would have said it would be a proper blow-out. Now I think it is roughly even, perhaps England with a slight advantage.

I'm sure you won't. You're one of the best teams in the world, they're one of the best teams in the world. Nobody really knows who will win, that's why it'll be a fun series.

Yeah agreed.

And remember it's the England and Wales Cricket team, Finn. :whistle:  (There's a reason Simon Jones was for a short time a name to be feared across Aus.)

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

remember it's the England and Wales Cricket team, Finn

I think one of my favourite things about repeatedly referring to England as "you" on here is counting the amount of replies until I get this comment. Not gonna lie, I was expecting it more from @Bert ;) - who btw I'm sure will be along imminently to chirp up now India are floundering a bit haha.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 1

I think one of my favourite things about repeatedly referring to England as "you" on here is counting the amount of replies until I get this comment. Not gonna lie, I was expecting it more from @Bert ;) - who btw I'm sure will be along imminently to chirp up now India are floundering a bit haha.

Nah, Kohli isn't out yet.

• Haha 1

Australia will win the series comfortably, it'll be like last time here, battered in every Test but shithouse a win and a draw or two to make it look closer than it was. I cant see us being able to deal with the variety and depth they've got, we don't have enough quality.

2 or 3-1 to the Baggy Greens. Just wish the odds were a bit better than Evens.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

You’re lucky I’m on holiday this week, so currently out of the loop with this weeks happenings 😞🙃😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Australia will win the series comfortably, it'll be like last time here, battered in every Test but shithouse a win and a draw or two to make it look closer than it was. I cant see us being able to deal with the variety and depth they've got, we don't have enough quality.

2 or 3-1 to the Baggy Greens. Just wish the odds were a bit better than Evens.

In the last year:

Whitewashed NZ at home and came within a run of doing so away.

Whitewashed Pakistan away from home winning more Tests in a single series than all previous tours there put together.

Beat South Africa at home comfortably, a team they've struggled against in the past home and away.

Chased down 378 to beat India against a good pace attack at home.

......I can understand the sentiment given the way the Aussies have shredded England in the past, but the evidence of the last year is pretty damn clear that England do, in fact, have enough quality. If the past year doesn't show that, what on Earth will show that they're ready for the Aussies?