Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

A very damning report by ICEC into ECB and cricket in this country. 

Used to play in Leicestershire and was exposed to racism from a very young age. Also there’s a really weird thing at some clubs who take it far too seriously. Young lads steaming in and giving 50 year old farmers a send off/load of abuse on a Sunday afternoon. 

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

A very damning report by ICEC into ECB and cricket in this country. 

So many issues that have been painfully obvious for such a long time too.

I'm sure the ECB will skirt over it and determine more 16.4 over franchise cricket will solve things though...

• Like 1

Before I stopped playing, I was at a club where I ended up having the briefest stint on the committee. There was a lot of unrest and muttering about one particular player was allowed to play at the club, since he had been convicted of a sexual offence, and some of his dirty deeds were an open secret. He is/was also the local IFA.

Once I was on the committee, I asked the chair if there was any conflict of interest in allowing this indivdual into the club, and directly asked if the club or indeed her used this person as his IFA. I got a very evasive, political answer. He hid behind some bs about an ECB directive. It was so utterly cowardly and irresponsible.

I left that committee pretty quickly, and the club soon after.

17 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Sad what has happened to West Indies. Basically comes down to this game between Zimbabwe and Scotland to qualify.

Shite that there are only 10 teams in a World Cup. 

This is the real issue. If seasoned full member nations are regularly on the brink of failing for qualification then the World Cup proper needs to be expanded again. The ICC got lucky with the format producing few dead rubbers in 2019 but it's unsustainable and ultimately dreadful for cricket's growth in new countries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

On cricketing scheduling, that white ball series v Australia at the end of summer 2024 is a completely waste of time 

29th September in Bristol doesn’t exactly scream “summer of cricket” does it lol 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Is this the first time there hasn't been a northern representative at finals day?

Must be. Lots of northern winners over the years, can't remember all the teams from one section before.