Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

18 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Anyone watching The Hundred?

The BBC production is absolutely woeful. It's like a university project gone horribly wrong.

Yes but I'm watching Sky.  

At some point I can only assume a representative of the ECB walked into the comms pod with a shotgun and a list of buzz words that he demanded be shoehorned in. 

There can be no other explanation for Morgan's attempt to discuss 'what we call the vibes' created by the DJs.  Hauntingly bad TV 

Edited by Bordersfox

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Anyone watching The Hundred?

The BBC production is absolutely woeful. It's like a university project gone horribly wrong.

It's a shame because the two games have had a lot of action and have gone down to the wire which makes focusing on all the gimmicks even worse. Even my wife noticed how bad the music performance was in between Rockets innings last night and she was in another room! I have tickets for Old Trafford on Monday and one of the other matches so hopefully the experience in the ground is a bit better than the BBC production. My son (eight) loves it though and it is the only sport he is interested in going to so not going to discourage it.

41 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

It's a shame because the two games have had a lot of action and have gone down to the wire which makes focusing on all the gimmicks even worse. Even my wife noticed how bad the music performance was in between Rockets innings last night and she was in another room! I have tickets for Old Trafford on Monday and one of the other matches so hopefully the experience in the ground is a bit better than the BBC production. My son (eight) loves it though and it is the only sport he is interested in going to so not going to discourage it.

Been to Lords tonight and the actual ground experience was great, especially as it gets darker and the game got tighter at the end. Everyone there seemed to be enjoying it as well and I had my 12 year old son who isn't into cricket but was gripped at the end. My main gripe from being in the ground is the lack of information on scores for batsmen and who took the wickets. The scoreboard information is too dumbed down to just runs and balls.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2023 at 06:52, Voll Blau said:

Please be true.

Surely it just gets replaced by a t20, ten team franchise tournament though? Which is still better, imo, but still excludes eight first class counties. 

9 hours ago, Osavo said:

Surely it just gets replaced by a t20, ten team franchise tournament though? Which is still better, imo, but still excludes eight first class counties. 

I sincerely hope they realise that centralisation is one of the biggest errors they made, given it's now abundantly clear the big franchise circuit players aren't keen on it, and realise that English cricket needs to be true to English sporting culture (where we place a premium on local rivalry, history, heritage) in order to carve out its niche the the age of T20 oversaturation.

The Blast is a great product and would be absolutely thriving with even a third of the marketing the hundred's received.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I sincerely hope they realise that centralisation is one of the biggest errors they made, given it's now abundantly clear the big franchise circuit players aren't keen on it, and realise that English cricket needs to be true to English sporting culture (where we place a premium on local rivalry, history, heritage) in order to carve out its niche the the age of T20 oversaturation.

The Blast is a great product and would be absolutely thriving with even a third of the marketing the hundred's received.

Totally agree with everything you have written.

The Blast is a great competition and needs ECB support. Increase the amount of overseas players per side to 3, and show a few games on terrestrial tv.

2 divisions has been suggested, so 8 home games per county to bring in much needed revenue.

There can still be the double headers with the women.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The Blast is a great competition and needs ECB support. Increase the amount of overseas players per side to 3, and show a few games on terrestrial tv.

2 divisions has been suggested, so 8 home games per county to bring in much needed revenue.

Kind of hope they'd keep the current format as the North and South thing is part of the added attraction with guaranteed derbies. Imagine Yorkshire or Lancashire's marketing bods would be fuming if they couldn't play two guaranteed Rose's games as season - likewise with Bears v Pears, London derby, Somerset v Glos, Us v Notts etc.

The knockout stages add to the excitement too.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

And build a dome over the grounds.