Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

Just now, StanSP said:

Both India warm-up games abandoned. 

Even before then I'm not as confident as others that we'll do well. I think we'll get to semis but England just seem too strong in their batting. 

I think home advantage and conditions will give you guys a good lift.

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Both India warm-up games abandoned. 

Even before then I'm not as confident as others that we'll do well. I think we'll get to semis but England just seem too strong in their batting. 

Is the the rain likely to cause issues throughout the tournament? Quite a few warm up games been affected. 

58 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I think home advantage and conditions will give you guys a good lift.

I just hope the pressure doesn't get to the team, or some individuals within. There's a shit load of experience to call upon though...

42 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Is the the rain likely to cause issues throughout the tournament? Quite a few warm up games been affected. 

Wouldn't surprise me if it did. Just exiting monsoon season so hopefully the rain in past few days is the end of it!

16 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Incredibly disappointing turnout for this. I thought Indians liked their cricket. First match of a WC between the last finalists and no buggers there.

Cricket mad the lot of them 🙄

Atrocious turnout. 

Comms trying to pretend the atmosphere is building is also tragic.  There is no atmosphere, just be honest about it.

30 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It holds 132,000 people... what exactly are people expecting? Even with 50k in there it would look/sound a bit crap lol 

A quarter full is still more than the King Power, that is wild. It's a Wembley plus King Power with 10,000 to spare.

That being said, this is the way England have approached ODIs for years now - high risk while batting deep enough to ensure the law of averages works in your favour much more often than not - and it has been successful.

Not going to knock them too much when it's worked often enough for considerable success, more so than any other approach.

1 hour ago, Bordersfox said:

Cricket mad the lot of them 🙄

Atrocious turnout. 

Comms trying to pretend the atmosphere is building is also tragic.  There is no atmosphere, just be honest about it.

Same as when India played a tour match at Leicester last season it was barely half full

• Like 1