Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

You can understand the huge grounds looking a bit empty, but not this one. But I'd imagine its a bit of pricing out locals and without understanding Indian geography too well, it doesn't look the easiest place for travellers to get to.

Malan proving himself yet again. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

You can understand the huge grounds looking a bit empty, but not this one. But I'd imagine its a bit of pricing out locals and without understanding Indian geography too well, it doesn't look the easiest place for travellers to get to.

It's historically been a problem with World Cups, dating back to the 2007 tournament that was beyond the range of many ordinary West Indian crowds. Last time round the prices were very steep too for a lot of the group games. Wanted to do a few myself and only ended up making two because I wasn't prepared to pay what was being charged for most of the matches.

27 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Comms applauding the bowling, but for me minus Livingstone, we've gotten ourselves out 

Bangladesh did do very well to persist though. Could have easily ran away from them but England did get a bit sloggy. 

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Beautiful ground though - the tickets must be pricing people out. 

29 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I think I almost want Pakistan to win this tournament more than England. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks it might be unlikely no matter how they play though and even if the Indian government sort out their ‘delays’ with giving their fans visas to attend. 

No accreditation for any Pakistani journalists either from what I've read. Absolute disgrace.

• Like 2