Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

12 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Bit late to this 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/67110647.amp

Argentina Women score 427/1 in a T20 game. Other scores of 300 and 333 in the three game series. 

They bowled Chile out for 63, 19 and 22. 

That’s got to be a team of complete novices 

I’m more impressed with the fact there wasn’t a single Six lollol 

14 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Bit late to this 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/67110647.amp

Argentina Women score 427/1 in a T20 game. Other scores of 300 and 333 in the three game series. 

They bowled Chile out for 63, 19 and 22. 

That’s got to be a team of complete novices 

Poor Florencia Martinez went for 52 off of one over including 17 no balls. 

29 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Difference in class between New Zealand and South Africa/England, is that New Zealand haven't panicked here, consolidated and pushed on after. Whereas the other two crumbled.

I'll eat my words if I'm wrong but I think 250/260 should be enough to defend for them.

Agree with this - they have competent batters who seem to be able to read and control a game and not go all gung-ho when it isn't necessary. 

14 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Afghanistan have only got themselves to blame really, Latham and Phillips have done very well but the fielding has been dreadful.

Also agree. They're catching has been woeful. Will be costly for them given the amount of runs piled on by those they dropped. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Are New Zealand viewed as one of the favourites? To date iirc Australia are the only country to win the cricket and rugby union world cups in the same year? 

Be cool if NZ did ngl. 

I think they're certainly up there, and if England don't show well I'd love them to win it.

Also on a similar topic, only one country has ever won football, rugby and cricket World Cups - in fact only one has ever gone to or beyond the quarterfinals of all three. :ph34r:

45 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I think they're certainly up there, and if England don't show well I'd love them to win it.

Also on a similar topic, only one country has ever won football, rugby and cricket World Cups - in fact only one has ever gone to or beyond the quarterfinals of all three. :ph34r:

What that be the only country that gives a **** about all three? 

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Are New Zealand viewed as one of the favourites? To date iirc Australia are the only country to win the cricket and rugby union world cups in the same year? 

Be cool if NZ did ngl. 

Can’t believe you don’t want England & Wales to win the cricket World Cup. 

43 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Saw a stat that apparently today is the first ODI Bangladesh have played in India for 20-odd years. International cricket is so warped.

All about the $,£ and rupees my friend, sadly.

Bangladesh off to a real flier here, but then we saw that with Afghanistan yesterday too, so we'll see.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1