Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I wonder if Kohli would have been so generous to a team mate like Raul was had they been near a century?

Was all about personal pride at the end .

I think he would have. Rahul seemed fairly calm and accepting that Kohli could get his ton.

Also worth noting there was plenty of time left. If it was closer to the end of the innings, he'd have just gone for the win. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Super_horns said:

I wonder if Kohli would have been so generous to a team mate like Raul was had they been near a century?

Was all about personal pride at the end .

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0WQ7rt6aHUw2bZr5CkkP4qYEcZd8GViJiDybBEheCoKjFsPNro9DnRdhg16i5GT3l&id=100044331764601&post_id=100044331764601_pfbid0WQ7rt6aHUw2bZr5CkkP4qYEcZd8GViJiDybBEheCoKjFsPNro9DnRdhg16i5GT3l

Rahul let him do it 

Screenshot_20231020-075353.thumb.png.efe92b197b693786af5c549804ba7666.png

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Kohli Fanboys annoy me but I've always thought the bloke himself gets an unjustified bad rep. He comes across as a true leader and team-first man, but as someone who cares about the integrity of cricket too.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Kohli Fanboys annoy me but I've always thought the bloke himself gets an unjustified bad rep. He comes across as a true leader and team-first man, but as someone who cares about the integrity of cricket too.

Yeah, would broadly agree.

He plays hard and clearly has quite an ego when on the field, but that goes with the territory with someone in his position.

• Like 1

Aus absolutely battering the bowlers. 

27 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

What is the best result for England here given the remaining fixtures?

Probably too early to say? 

England still have 6 more games to play, max 12 points. Too many permutations involving all teams yet. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Blimey Maxwell is a tit. The collapse is on. If Pakistan can keep them under 400 then you never know.

367 is pants considering where they were. Pakistan need a quick start but I wouldn't bet against them. I also wouldn't bet against them being all out for 80 given that it's Pakistan.

Not for the first time a brilliant start met with an underwhelming finish. Proving how hard it is to come out in the late part of the innings and think you can just score quickly. 

Hope Pakistan make a match of this. Matches go boring quickly when the team batting second are nowhere near the run rate and there has been a few of them so far in this competition. 

How weird that Aus probably feel disappointed by that score. It's massive, but could have been 400+ with ease if they didn't have so many brain farts. 

All Maxwell needed to do when Marsh got out was consolidate for an over or two, get a feel of the pitch and bowlers, then smash it around.