Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

The format confuses me a bit. Are you out if you lose this? 

Not mathematically but it means we would have to beat Pakistan, India and Australia in the next four games and hope the likes of New Zealand and South Africa fall apart.

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

The golden era was bound to come to an end but this is a desperate world cup performance. Bowling has been terrible and batting equally bad. Least it means we might dominate test cricket for a bit, it's an unwritten rule that we can't be good at all formats at once. 

They've had success playing 'no fear' cricket as Morgan always called it but it can very quickly become 'no care' cricket and that's what we are seeing. 

I must say,that what I feel..but it does rubber stamp for me, English fans and players are playing too much top of the tree elite cricket…

Its like having cricket just because we can…

Australia tell the world to stick it…and have long pauses between their chosen dates.

I just reckon you push players towards a simple mental block & England players fixtures & feeling of signing various contracts have pushed us there..

The almost irresistible urge in elite cricket circles to immediately blame county cricket is hilarious. County cricket doesn’t make you lash out at balls in the 12th over which should be left.

For me this is all about team culture. The likes of Root and Bairstow who have become far too complacent. The Stokes debacle, he should never have been called up. Playing a whole XI of players over 30, ruining the confidence of your guns like Brook, Curran and Atkinson. There will be no need to have a review or mess around with the structure of county cricket (although get rid of the hundred). It is simply time to move on players who should’ve been left behind 12 months ago. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The almost irresistible urge in elite cricket circles to immediately blame county cricket is hilarious. County cricket doesn’t make you lash out at balls in the 12th over which should be left.

For me this is all about team culture. The likes of Root and Bairstow who have become far too complacent. The Stokes debacle, he should never have been called up. Playing a whole XI of players over 30, ruining the confidence of your guns like Brook, Curran and Atkinson. There will be no need to have a review or mess around with the structure of county cricket (although get rid of the hundred). It is simply time to move on players who should’ve been left behind 12 months ago. 

There's a lot of County Cricket players that would have given a better account of themselves than what we've seen this tournament

58 minutes ago, Lionator said:

There was a 50 over competition available for these players to play in. It didn't clash with any international cricket. A great chance to get familiar with the format.

But no, the coin from made up cricket was too irresistible.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Lionator said:

They can't blame county cricket when they bloody won it last time. Also how many of these players even play that often for their counties.